Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edmonds

Legend

User Info Menu

The bottom line is this:

He is a 23 year old safety contributing on a championship level defense.

Could he have done more before now? Sure
    Did we have higher expectations? Maybe - although expecting a drafted safety to be Troy because he is a first rounder is setting the bar a little high.

Before last season half the board was complaining about paying Dupree $9.5M for one season. Now people want to figure out a way to pay both Watt and Dupree. Why? Because he is no longer the player he was in his first four years.

Today Edmunds is a solid contributor who makes plays. He is a good player. Doesn't matter that he didn't dominate from day one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The bottom line is this:

He is a 23 year old safety contributing on a championship level defense.

Could he have done more before now? Sure
    Did we have higher expectations? Maybe - although expecting a drafted safety to be Troy because he is a first rounder is setting the bar a little high.

Before last season half the board was complaining about paying Dupree $9.5M for one season. Now people want to figure out a way to pay both Watt and Dupree. Why? Because he is no longer the player he was in his first four years.

Today Edmunds is a solid contributor who makes plays. He is a good player. Doesn't matter that he didn't dominate from day one.
    Based on the Steelers record drafting DBs I would say the expectations were very low, then combined with him being a developmental #1 pick and that is exactly why fans were riding Edmunds collective a$$. But it is fun to watch his game get incrementally better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was one of the guys who hated Jarvis Jones from Day 1.
    I didn't watch enough Edmunds to put him in that camp....but after last yrs Bills game I certainly did.

However after these past few games I have to give him some credit.
    Mostly for his coverage skills ...however if you look at the end zone film of the Long TD by the Titans you will see both VW and Edmunds get sucked up by Play Action. Then you will see VW get back into his Zone and almost knock the pass down.
    Edmunds however dances around at the LOS and if he got his depth he could have made the tackle. Its those little things that still bother me.

If anyone's ever worked on a construction crew and you have your guys who are hustling, getting things done....while there's that one guy who is trying his best but 2 guys are picking up the heavy stuff and that one guy is trying to help but they push him out of the way ...there is just nowhere for you to grab this thing, we got it.
    Thats my assessment of Edmunds so far.
    Show me some splash plays kid!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post

If anyone's ever worked on a construction crew and you have your guys who are hustling, getting things done....while there's that one guy who is trying his best but 2 guys are picking up the heavy stuff and that one guy is trying to help but they push him out of the way ...there is just nowhere for you to grab this thing, we got it.
    Thats my assessment of Edmunds so far.
    Show me some splash plays kid!!
    that’s a weird comparison based on his play this year. I don’t think he is in anyone’s way or not doing the heavy lifting.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?