Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A different perspective on the second half.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    On both plays, I didn't understand why he didn't take the open pass underneath: to Diontae (i think) right before halftime and let him get out of bounds and kick the FG. On the triple coverage pass, I'm fairly certain i recall an underneath route open as well.
    On the play that Ben threw that last pick into triple coverage, look to both the left and right and you'll see either single or no coverage on the other receivers. My point is that Ben left the huddle and was dead set to throw it to Juju. That is a stupid, school yard mindset that I don't expect to see at the pro level.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    On the play that Ben threw that last pick into triple coverage, look to both the left and right and you'll see either single or no coverage on the other receivers. My point is that Ben left the huddle and was dead set to throw it to Juju. That is a stupid, school yard mindset that I don't expect to see at the pro level.
    that's because those DBs left their man to help against JuJu once the ball was thrown.

do you really think the Titans had 3 men assigned to cover JuJu?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the plays certainly did change in the 2nd half. I'm fine with turtle ball being up that much but they need to move the chains. that's what would end the game without a threat, be it by pass or Run

they got the lead with short and intermediate passing. there was no intermediate passing after the half and the titans Defense moved up their coverages and were able to knock the ball away on some of those plays.
    the shorter routes also make it easier for their DL to deflect balls

it wasn't a turnover that sparked that comeback it was the misplayed catch and run by brown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

once he got the pre snap look he wanted, he probably did decide to go to him.
    just like he likely did on DJ 2 TDs

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben started flirting with Bad Ben yesterday. From the backward pass to throwing into really tight windows to getting so many passes tipped at the LOS. For as big as Ben is, he gets more passes tipped than most 6' QBs.

Overall, we're as good as Ben plays at all times. 1st half, 2nd half, a start or finish to a season. The more consistent and sound Ben can be, the better. I love the plays he makes that no one else could, but it's a fine line. And with the team around him as good as it is, we kinda just need him to be a game manager.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree Flippy. He doesn't have to be Mr. Fantastic with all the weapons around him. Just throw it to the open guy or the guy in one on one coverage. No need to force anything into double or triple coverages.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Ebron was open A LOT yesterday.