Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Steelers Negatives

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Steelers Negatives

    If you don't like to hear about team negatives feel free to move along:

    I agree with everyone on this list. Two are particularly concerning; UGIII is in danger of becoming a dead man walking if he is called upon and can't perform. The other is the trade with the Ravens. That's how the rich get richer....that fail is on Colbert.

    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...lbert-nfl-news

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Just on UG3 he likely replaces Spillane on special teams first. Spillane's special team duty will likely be dialed back. Anyone who gets starting reps and doesn't perform is on thin ice in this league.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Not too bad. So, the two biggest negatives about this 5-0 team so far?

    The backup D lineman that you gave up a fifth rounder for is not contributing as your starters are giving up nothing.

    The gyu who you hoped would be your third ILB has not played well enough and another guy has. To put it into perspective, had number 41 last week been named Gilbert, and the guy on the roster who doesn't get a helmet every week was named Spillane, nobody would bat an eyelash. You probably are in position with those two guys where you'd expect to be, but the roles are reversed.

    The fact that after 5 weeks, those are the two big complaints means that things are going pretty well. Other years we have been used to hearing...

    "Why do we always lose to teams we are so much better than?"
    "Bad Ben. He's finished!"
    "Vince sucks. He can't even cover a WR."
    "We will never win another payoff game as long as (insert name here) is still around"
    and on and on and on

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Other years we have been used to hearing...

    "We will never win another playoff game as long as (insert name here) is still around"
    just need to read Steel Maniac's sig for this kind of negative...

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Not too bad. So, the two biggest negatives about this 5-0 team so far?

    The backup D lineman that you gave up a fifth rounder for is not contributing as your starters are giving up nothing.

    The gyu who you hoped would be your third ILB has not played well enough and another guy has. To put it into perspective, had number 41 last week been named Gilbert, and the guy on the roster who doesn't get a helmet every week was named Spillane, nobody would bat an eyelash. You probably are in position with those two guys where you'd expect to be, but the roles are reversed.

    The fact that after 5 weeks, those are the two big complaints means that things are going pretty well. Other years we have been used to hearing...

    "Why do we always lose to teams we are so much better than?"
    "Bad Ben. He's finished!"
    "Vince sucks. He can't even cover a WR."
    "We will never win another payoff game as long as (insert name here) is still around"
    and on and on and on
    Sounds like no negatives unless you want to make them up. not happy unless unhappy

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Not too bad. So, the two biggest negatives about this 5-0 team so far?

    The backup D lineman that you gave up a fifth rounder for is not contributing as your starters are giving up nothing.

    The gyu who you hoped would be your third ILB has not played well enough and another guy has. To put it into perspective, had number 41 last week been named Gilbert, and the guy on the roster who doesn't get a helmet every week was named Spillane, nobody would bat an eyelash. You probably are in position with those two guys where you'd expect to be, but the roles are reversed.

    The fact that after 5 weeks, those are the two big complaints means that things are going pretty well. Other years we have been used to hearing...

    "Why do we always lose to teams we are so much better than?"
    "Bad Ben. He's finished!"
    "Vince sucks. He can't even cover a WR."
    "We will never win another payoff game as long as (insert name here) is still around"
    and on and on and on
    yeah, that article didn’t make me feel negative at all.

    and what fail is in Colbert? What if UGIII plays well? Then what?

    I cant find much fault with this team at the moment. I think we need to actually see failure before calling it out.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-25-2020 at 01:35 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yeah, that article didn’t make me feel negative at all.
    That was my point. Got to want to find negatives

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That was my point. Got to want to find negatives
    yeah, when you have to say IF someone doesn’t play well when called upon then it’s on Colbert it gives me the impression you are just projecting.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds like no negatives unless you want to make them up. not happy unless unhappy
    ... incisive observations. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The negatives for me were the pass protection (the pocket seemed to get pushed into Ben somewhat today) , Minkah and Ben. I thought the running game looked good, the defense overall did a good job and special teams were special for a change. I had a feeling Ben was going to have a pick or 2 today even when he was completing passes some of them seemed to be forced and a couple that he tried squeezing into tight spaces. Ben just doesn't look comfortable in a ball control passing game which seemed to be the game plan. It's win on a an off day for Ben, so I'm happy about that.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •