Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do the TJ Watt and Dupree celebrations frustrate you?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You and I used to go back and forth about Antonio Brown doing a "look at me" ball drop on every first down. I never liked THAT celebration. So I assume some of this is pointed my way.

I have never once complained about other celebrations. Three things I hated about Browns celebrations.

1. It felt like a taunt.
    2. DO SOMETHING worthy of a celebration more that a 5 yard catch.
    3. By setting that bar so low it is a glory grab...basically any time he touched the ball it was a look at me moment.

I SAID BACK THEN it had the look of a selfish dude.

As has been the case with nearly EVERYTHING I've said about Brown and Bell, time has done nothing but prove me correct my friend.
    I did not like the Bell ball drop either. Then you would see the ref chasing it around and possibly slowing down any momentum the offense had.

I guess I don't mind it on the defensive side of the ball and after a score by the offense. The mindless ball drop after a 1st down was annoying.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    It doesn't bother me as long as they don't injure themselves. Every time I Watt do the high-kick I'm hoping he doesn't pull a hammy.
    I know a martial arts expert and he says the form TJ uses on those kicks will pull a hammy because his plant foot doesn't slide enough. For that reason, I am against it. Didn't TJ just have a dinged hammy?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like a low risk celebration if it's planned out. a nice fist bump or shake seems to preclude injury. My biggest issue with celebrations are they are usually planned out in advance and thus not organic in the joy of the moment.

But as a former O-lineman myself - I would really enjoy just once, watching the 5 guys up front going crazy and celebrating every time they pick up the blitz. hey, if the defense can do a sack dance - why can't the o-line do an anti-sack dance???
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You and I used to go back and forth about Antonio Brown doing a "look at me" ball drop on every first down. I never liked THAT celebration. So I assume some of this is pointed my way.

I have never once complained about other celebrations. Three things I hated about Browns celebrations.

1. It felt like a taunt.
    2. DO SOMETHING worthy of a celebration more that a 5 yard catch.
    3. By setting that bar so low it is a glory grab...basically any time he touched the ball it was a look at me moment.

I SAID BACK THEN it had the look of a selfish dude.

As has been the case with nearly EVERYTHING I've said about Brown and Bell, time has done nothing but prove me correct my friend.
    it wasn’t directed at anyone specifically. Although I definitely felt like some players can celebrate and it’s ok while others annoy fans for obvious reasons.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I enjoy celebrations. The only time I get a little annoyed is when a player makes a good play, his teammates go over him to celebrate with him, and said celebrating player runs in the opposite direction of his teammates, making sure the spotlight is all on him.

I'm not calling out anyone specifically but I have seen that and I think it's selfish.
    Now I'm curious to who does this. is it JUJU?
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it wasn’t directed at anyone specifically. Although I definitely felt like some players can celebrate and it’s ok while others annoy fans for obvious reasons.
    I absolutely loved the "my hands are so sticky I cant let the ball go" celebration.
    Cracked me up.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-20-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I absolutely loved the "my hands are so sticky I cant let the ball go" celebration.
    Cracked me up.
    the first down ball point is a staple in the NFL now.

let’s not forget all the first down celebrations people do that don’t involve the ball. Is it taunting? Definitely... and so are QB sack dances and incompletion celebrations.

IMO it’s not a big deal at all.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I HATE, HATE, HATE celebrations... when other teams do them

Love them when we do them

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Just wondering because some people on here used to hate celebrations.

Do you scream “act like you been there before!” or has your stance changed?

For the record I always thought it was weird to get mad at players for celebrating good plays.
    I think people used to get upset when they penalized celebrations and 15 yards on the kickoff could cost us a game. There are some celebrations that do bother me such as:

• When a player makes a tackle 10 yards downfield and gets up celebrating.
    • When the QB throws the ball way over the receivers head and the DB celebrates like he had something to do with it.

Other than that I like to see players celebrate … unless they are on the other team of course.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Now I'm curious to who does this. is it JUJU?
    Conner did this last game on the big flex after the TD (although I don't think it was supposed to be a slight).

Claypool was running over to celebrate with him and Conner went a bit deeper in the end zone to flex by himself.

But my guess is that it was more about being pumped about scoring than deliberately slighting the rook.