Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the TJ Watt and Dupree celebrations frustrate you?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do the TJ Watt and Dupree celebrations frustrate you?

Just wondering because some people on here used to hate celebrations.

Do you scream “act like you been there before!” or has your stance changed?

For the record I always thought it was weird to get mad at players for celebrating good plays.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I like guys that celebrate.

I also like guys that don't celebrate.

If they wear the black and gold and make the team better, I'm in.

I think that the orchestrated celebrations are usually worse than a guy just being super pumped about scoring because they're not spontaneous. But, I don't think they increase / decrease my enjoyment of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

They could celebrate like Claypool.... "yea, I was supposed to do something with the guys after I scored but I forgot what it was..."

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope to see each of them do 15-20 celebrations

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I hope to see each of them do 15-20 celebrations
    I’m in this line. If I see guys celebrating it usually means it was a good play. As long as you aren’t celebrating while down by 20.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

For the record I always thought it was weird to get mad at players for celebrating good plays.
    After reading this threat title, I thought, dang, Felt got a case of the old man from Pittsburgh curse.

But then I thought about it for a second more and would guess most of the folks that are the type to get irritated by celebrations may have already stopped watching the NFL altogether.

In general, I'd guess there's more hard core fans following their teams and less casual interest. I've even noticed on a Sunday night when I've got nothing going on and my gf asks if I want to watch football, my reaction is meh. I've ended up watching a documentary, baking/cooking show instead. So I'm now a casual fan of NFL games when they aren't the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Do the TJ Watt and Dupree celebrations frustrate you?

I'd probably be more frustrated if they weren't making any good plays to celebrate.

As long as they're not getting penalized for the celebrations such that they hurt our chances of winning.
    Last edited by Buzz; 10-19-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I enjoy celebrations. The only time I get a little annoyed is when a player makes a good play, his teammates go over him to celebrate with him, and said celebrating player runs in the opposite direction of his teammates, making sure the spotlight is all on him.

I'm not calling out anyone specifically but I have seen that and I think it's selfish.

Starter

User Info Menu

It doesn't bother me as long as they don't injure themselves. Every time I Watt do the high-kick I'm hoping he doesn't pull a hammy.

Legend

User Info Menu

You and I used to go back and forth about Antonio Brown doing a "look at me" ball drop on every first down. I never liked THAT celebration. So I assume some of this is pointed my way.

I have never once complained about other celebrations. Three things I hated about Browns celebrations.

1. It felt like a taunt.
    2. DO SOMETHING worthy of a celebration more that a 5 yard catch.
    3. By setting that bar so low it is a glory grab...basically any time he touched the ball it was a look at me moment.

I SAID BACK THEN it had the look of a selfish dude.

As has been the case with nearly EVERYTHING I've said about Brown and Bell, time has done nothing but prove me correct my friend.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-19-2020 at 05:08 PM.