Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another beat down for the Browns

Rookie

User Info Menu

Another beat down for the Browns

well it is the same old outcome, Steelers - Browns match up and as usual, the Browns get beat again. I know the Browns have won against the Steelers here and there, but it seems like the Browns are cursed when playing the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaBrownsfan View Post
    well it is the same old outcome, Steelers - Browns match up and as usual, the Browns get beat again. I know the Browns have won against the Steelers here and there, but it seems like the Browns are cursed when playing the Steelers.
    Props for the courage to show up after the game. Gotta respect..

Here we Steeler fans arguing whether Tomlin should have been fired for not winning ANOTHER Superbowl.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't believe the Browns were as bad as they played yesterday.

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Agree with Capt on respecting showing up.

2) Agree with Burghsteel on the Browns not being as bad as they looked yesterday. Early pick 6s don't usually bode well for competitive games. I think the game mostly came down to (i) the Steelers run D being up to the task of stopping the Browns rushing attack (ii) Baker being hurt coming into the game and taking significant punishment throughout.

It's good for the Browns that there's an extra wild card team this year. Because they'll probably be in the hunt with either the Steelers or the Ravens and they've had tough losses to both of them so far and divisional tie breakers happen first.

The season series with the Browns could mean the difference between getting in or not so I'm glad that our guys won. I'm hoping the Browns split with the Rats, but get swept by us.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-19-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe the Browns were as bad as they played yesterday.
    I believe we are so good we made them look as bad as they played

Legend

User Info Menu

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 10-19-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I don't believe the Steelers were that much better than the Browns. That's the way the chips fell for one week and I will take it. I hope the chips fall our way when we play the Rats.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe the Steelers were that much better than the Browns. That's the way the chips fell for one week and I will take it. I hope the chips fall our way when we play the Rats.
    We are pimp slapping the Ravens.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaBrownsfan View Post
    Welcome to the Planet ( you Browns fans are a hardcore bunch I’ll give you that)

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think we matched up well with them. Frankly, I think our strengths in stopping the run are good for playing the Ravens too.