Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns Message Board

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns Message Board

... living in Browns land, always enjoyable to read the comments after a Steeler win;

Getting this one out early.

I’m typing this out as we just got stuffed on a 4th and 1. Again.

This was a complete team beat down. Everyone sucked. Everyone.

Our OL got bullied all game. While they provided decent pass protection, we are a running team, but we couldn’t run for damn. Just straight up owned.

Receiving group didn’t get much separation today. There were some opportunities, but it was a vanilla day.

Baker sucked today. Bad. And I want to be clear here: while the injury affected him, NOBODY can credibly claim that the pick 6 was due to injury. Baker made bad reads the whole freaking game.

Defense tried, but overall, they got their asses beat.

This was probably a worse beat down than the ravens.
    This was the exact same game we’ve all seen since 99. Faces change, results stay the same.

Steelers OWN us. We embarrass ourselves every time we walk into that stadium.

I was most sad about our OL and DL play. Just got owned.

Seems like we’re nowhere near where we want to be ...

And, for some who think Pittsburgh “isn’t that good” or whatever .... I’ll continue to sing their praises until we can line up with them and compete. We are JV and they are varsity.
    We love folding like little bitches against this team. We step up one time, it turns into a debacle, and we’re back to folding like bitches all over again. Browns are a lifetime of misery.
    I only watched the first half. I know it's October and Halloween season and TV is full of horror, but I just couldn't take any more of this game.

What I saw (first half):

- Didn't take long for us to get into the groove. Sandejo in position to make a play, and completely whiff (run blitz), and Baker with a complete WTF was he thinking throw. Pick 6.
    - Felt like the game was over then. Actually, it was.
    - We got beat like a rented mule this entire game. Our OL was pushed around. No run game.
    - Our pass rush neutralized by Ben not holding the ball.
    - Seemed like we were ready for the quick slants.
    - Baker ... seemed lost. When faced with pressure, he folds. Franchise QBs do not do that.
    - Apparently, offsides is no longer a thing.
    - This felt like one of those Alabama games where they play the Jesuit College of Lower Loompaland.
    There have been very few times over the years where I haven’t thought “Man, the Steelers are FLYING around the field and we look like we’re in slow motion”

I’m tired of being the whipping boy to them. It seemed like we took the field scared
    I had to sit next to a Steelers fan at the bar today.
    It seemed like the Steelers were playing with 14 guys on defense. Run, pass, screen it was always covered right away.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This felt like one of those Alabama games where they play the Jesuit College of Lower Loompaland.
    Browns are a lifetime of misery.
    I didn't watch, but I would never miss the stains rivalry. I saw the one in Pittsburgh live two years ago. It's classic Americana.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I feel bad for that fan base. How they can continue to be fans of that organization is amazing. Years of suck, then they leave to become the Ratbirds and that team wins a super bowl and is a contender most every year. Cleveland gets another team and continues their streak of suck.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I feel bad for that fan base. How they can continue to be fans of that organization is amazing. Years of suck, then they leave to become the Ratbirds and that team wins a super bowl and is a contender most every year. Cleveland gets another team and continues their streak of suck.
    I go with Conan
    "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
    Always fun to see Browns fans despair. Only thing better is seeing Bumgal fans live in misery

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Monday’s after a Cleveland beat down are one of the signature joys of being a Steelers fan.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I have very mixed feelings because I've lived in Cleveland and respect their fan base. I mean how could you possibly still be a fan of a team this bad for so long. That's blind loyalty and you have to respect that. But, those reactions do make me chuckle. But, I feel guilty as I chuckle lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

And we have morons who want to fire our coach every season because we don't win the SB every season.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was a good win because it put the Browns in their proper place. Now they know they are nowhere near us as far as quality of team. Our focus needs to quickly shift to the Titans.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I have very mixed feelings because I've lived in Cleveland and respect their fan base. I mean how could you possibly still be a fan of a team this bad for so long. That's blind loyalty and you have to respect that. But, those reactions do make me chuckle. But, I feel guilty as I chuckle lol.
    Guilty pleasure

Legend

User Info Menu

Local media this morning......

"...at least we're not the Jets..."

"...that was a sxxtshow... no other way to describe it..."