Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Demise of the Defense Greatly Exaggerated

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    True, but we don't who they have on the bench. Look at the Steelers, DeCastro goes down and a 4th round pick is replacing him without the offense skipping a beat. So, not having Lewan could be a benefit to the Steelers but a professional football player will be replacing him.

Pappy
    I agree. Players that make it into the NFL can play. Outside of QB very few players are irreplaceable. Especially on good teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    $$$$
    Those who've been bashing posters for mentioning some concern over our D have been attempting to stir up their own brand of "drama".
    $$$$........

Legend

User Info Menu

True, but we don't who they have on the bench. Look at the Steelers, DeCastro goes down and a 4th round pick is replacing him without the offense skipping a beat. So, not having Lewan could be a benefit to the Steelers but a professional football player will be replacing him.

Pappy
    Man that looks like an amazing pick. And he wasn't invited to the combine, right? How the hell does that happen?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Become 2nd Team To Begin Season With 3 Sacks, 1 INT In Each Of First Five Games

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/10/st...st-five-games/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone was saying they were bad but they certainly weren't playing as well as they were last year. There were some pretty big mistakes being made on the back end that put some games in question as to the outcome. Yesterday was a dominating performance, which they will need something similar versus Tannehill and Jackson, both QBs are playing very well right now.

Pappy
    semantics. What you described is exactly what I was trying to say. We’re they as good as last year? No. We’re they as bad as some implied? No.

We aren’t going to see a dominate performance every week. It’s just not possible. I also think some of the teams we played were snake bitten. Philly is injury riddled right now but look how they played the Rats. Wentz is still good and they are coached well. They just have too many players out.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?