Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haskins to PIT?

Legend

User Info Menu

Haskins to PIT?

Just say no. This guy has been unimpressive since he entered the NFL. He is now third string on WFT.
    I think there were a few on this board that were pimping him out of school but the little I seen him play it's a big 'no thank you'. How many more developmental QBs does this team need?

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/10/bi...wayne-haskins/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just say no. This guy has been unimpressive since he entered the NFL. He is now third string on WFT.
    I think there were a few on this board that were pimping him out of school but the little I seen him play it's a big 'no thank you'. How many more developmental QBs does this team need?

Haskins has potential but he wasn’t done any favors being drafted by one of the worst franchises in developing players. Not saying he’s a star but he has a lot more potential than what Washington got out of him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I’m not a fan of Buckeye QB’s but I’m rooting for this kid. I liked Rivera in Carolina but I’m not a fan of using Haskin’s as a power move.

If you look at his stats they aren’t that bad. The team isn’t that good. Not sure why he got a quick hook from Rivera for Kyle Allen. That dude is trash and the OC is trash.

When you look as Haskin vs some other QB’s like Josh Allen or Sam Darnold after their first 11 games Haskins actually performed better.

Josh Allen: 163/305 (53.4%), 2,000 yds, 10 TD, 12 INT

Haskins: 196/327 (59.1%), 2,164 yds, 11 TD, 6 INT

This article gives a great breakdown of how Haskins has been jerked around by this team. https://deadspin.com/dwayne-haskins-...tur-1845339489
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m not a fan of Buckeye QB’s but I’m rooting for this kid. I liked Rivera in Carolina but I’m not a fan of using Haskin’s as a power move.

If you look at his stats they aren’t that bad. The team isn’t that good. Not sure why he got a quick hook from Rivera for Kyle Allen. That dude is trash and the OC is trash.

When you look as Haskin vs some other QB’s like Josh Allen or Sam Darnold after their first 11 games Haskins actually performed better.

Josh Allen: 163/305 (53.4%), 2,000 yds, 10 TD, 12 INT

Haskins: 196/327 (59.1%), 2,164 yds, 11 TD, 6 INT

This article gives a great breakdown of how Haskins has been jerked around by this team. https://deadspin.com/dwayne-haskins-...tur-1845339489
    Rumor is Haskins is lazy and doesn't put in the effort to be a franchise QB. Rivera ain't the type to put up with that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Seen this also...These are just hypotheticals, Based on someones opinion...

They grasp these names out of the air, and wave them around...Just to give people something to talk about...

But...No thanks!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would still take him as a backup over Rudolph. Let him sit for another year and then see if Ben retires or not.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Haskins has potential but he wasn’t done any favors being drafted by one of the worst franchises in developing players. Not saying he’s a star but he has a lot more potential than what Washington got out of him.
    I was one of those pimping him out because the guy has all the tools to be great. I knew as soon as Washington drafted him he would flop. Washington is like the Browns...place where talent goes to die. I would love to have Haskins and see if we can salvage his career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rumor is Haskins is lazy and doesn't put in the effort to be a franchise QB. Rivera ain't the type to put up with that.
    Now that could be the problem. Lets keep in mind that Haskins beat out Burrows for the starting position at tOSU. The guy has all the tools of a franchise QB. But, if he doesn't study or put in the work...that's exactly why he isn't succeeding.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would still take him as a backup over Rudolph. Let him sit for another year and then see if Ben retires or not.
    It's not like we're taking trading Minkah... We're talking about for Justin Layne and a mid-rounder.... low risk, high reward proposition... i'd do that.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Jamie Newman, QB, UGA
    2. Jabril Cox, ILB, LSU

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    It's not like we're taking trading Minkah... We're talking about for Justin Layne and a mid-rounder.... low risk, high reward proposition... i'd do that.
    Yes, for me its a no brainer. I think the culture in Pittsburgh may help Haskins find what he needs to be great.