Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not loving this weeks matchup

Legend

User Info Menu

Nevermind, just ignore it now,

Nevermind......one more Brown out, please ignore.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-15-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hey there Capt. This is my first day on your forums and I seen your topic, and just had to look in on whats bothering you. From the sounds of your title, you seemed to be a little worried of this weeks game with the Browns. As a long time Browns fan, I felt that way for every game in recent years. But I have to say it feels good to see the Browns at 4-1 and the match up against the Steelers always draws special interest.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Captain is concerned - itís only because the Steelers have a history of playing down to the level of scrub teams and keeping the game closer than it should be. So with our history of domination over the Browns combined with their history of ineptitude - itís only natural to be anxious about the teamís performance. Iím sure heíll feel better by the 4th quarter.....
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    If the Captain is concerned - itís only because the Steelers have a history of playing down to the level of scrub teams and keeping the game closer than it should be. So with our history of domination over the Browns combined with their history of ineptitude - itís only natural to be anxious about the teamís performance. Iím sure heíll feel better by the 4th quarter.....
    Here is the deal. It is not playing down to a scrub. That has always been overblown in my view. It is the fact that the Browns ARE NOT SCRUBS but we won't respect them because we own them at home.

I feel like we match up well, but THEY will be hungrier, while we are fat. We are due for a humbling and the Browns feel the rivalry more than we do. They will have the eye of the tiger. We will not. We are the betterteam but the gap is small.

But they keep losing people to the point that the Browns are NOT gonna be very good this week. That is why I kinda lost that feeling.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Here is the deal. It is not playing down to a scrub. That has always been overblown in my view. It is the fact that the Browns ARE NOT SCRUBS but we won't respect them because we own them at home.

I feel like we match up well, but THEY will be hungrier, while we are fat. We are due for a humbling and the Browns feel the rivalry more than we do. They will have the eye of the tiger. We will not. We are the betterteam but the gap is small.

But they keep losing people to the point that the Browns are NOT gonna be very good this week. That is why I kinda lost that feeling.
    I'm not sure I agree. I think the Steelers after last season are very hungry. I think they have the eye of the tiger. Just remember it's the thrill of the fight to rise up to the challenge of our rivals. Ya know?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steeler fans defending and supporting browns fans against good natured smack talk 2 days before a rivalry game.

Yeeesh

2020 keeps sucking more and more.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    If the Captain is concerned - it’s only because the Steelers have a history of playing down to the level of scrub teams and keeping the game closer than it should be. So with our history of domination over the Browns combined with their history of ineptitude - it’s only natural to be anxious about the team’s performance. I’m sure he’ll feel better by the 4th quarter.....
    Are you sure about that? The Steelers - under Mike - always leave teams in the game when they should be blowing them out. Look how all the crappy teams we played stayed in every game we played. The Browns are better than every team we faced so far.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaBrownsfan View Post
    Hey there Capt. This is my first day on your forums and I seen your topic, and just had to look in on whats bothering you. From the sounds of your title, you seemed to be a little worried of this weeks game with the Browns. As a long time Browns fan, I felt that way for every game in recent years. But I have to say it feels good to see the Browns at 4-1 and the match up against the Steelers always draws special interest.
    Are you that Browns fan who paints his face by chance?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I don’t agree with you on this one cap. Since last we meant the browns, we’ve developed a serious dislike For them. We will not come into this game unmotivated or lacking hunger. Tomlin is saying all the right things but I sense we really want to beat them. On the scoreboard and on the field.

Steeler 24
    Browns 20
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Are you that Browns fan who paints his face by chance?
    the legend will never die!!!