Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop hating on VW

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Stop hating on VW

I've been saying for a while now, VW is not a crap player - he is vastly underrated.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-lb-...kles-for-loss/

And he's good on blitzes too. He is the key to us shutting down Browns' rush.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I've been saying for a while now, VW is not a crap player - he is vastly underrated.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-lb-...kles-for-loss/

And he's good on blitzes too. He is the key to us shutting down Browns' rush.
    For what it is worth, PFF has his grade at 33.5 on the season and the worst starter on the Steelers. I don't agree with them. I think he's done well for the most part.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    For what it is worth, PFF has his grade at 33.5 on the season and the worst starter on the Steelers. I don't agree with them. I think he's done well for the most part.
    I'm not sure how you can lead the entire league in tackles for a loss and be so horrible. I'm not saying he is playing at a pro bowl level but he is not hot garbage.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's not garbage but he definitely has limitations that smart opposing offenses exploit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He's not garbage but he definitely has limitations that smart opposing offenses exploit.
    Yea, if he ends up trying to cover someone not good. But he can plug holes and shut down a runner. Do you really think he plays worse than our DBs so far?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm a big VW fan and think if half the players gave 50% of his effort, our D would lead the league in every single category the stats track.

He's not great in coverage, but he still gives 100% in everything he does and the guy has the heart of a champ.

One of Nelsen's INTs last week was due to VW knocking Ertz off his route.

VW does lots of little things on every play he gets a chance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Always been a VW fan...not sure where fans get the idea that every player is gonna be All Pro ... guy is a liability in the passing game but he certainly isn't getting roasted down the seem all the time. I'd say for every play he gives up in the passing game he has 2 or 3 good splash plays to counter.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

how is anyone not a fan of a late pick becoming a starter and a contributor to this defense

yet, every draft some want another high pick on the defense to replace him

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now that Bush is down, it's even more critical that VW can do his job well

Kinda wish we'd kept LJ Fort for depth

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Now that Bush is down, it's even more critical that VW can do his job well

Kinda wish we'd kept LJ Fort for depth
    LJ Fort is a starter earning starter money.