Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Various steelers benefiting

Backup

User Info Menu

Various steelers benefiting

The Steelers offense has no clear star other than Ben. This may be a good thing. In the four games we have had four different leading receivers and three different leading rushers. Claypools outing will make life easier for JuJu in the coming games i.e Brown/JuJu. Ben's deep ball is still off but he is making fast reads and accurate short to mid range passes, this moves the chains. Ben currently has the 3rd best rating in the NFL and has 10/1 TD vs INT. Browns will be a challenge.
    Last edited by KYPITTFAN; 10-12-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    The Steelers offense has no clear star other than Ben. This may be a good thing. In the four games we have had four different leading receivers and three different leading rushers. Claypools outing will make life easier for JuJu in the coming games i.e Brown/JuJu. Ben's deep ball is still off but he is making fast reads and accurate short to mid range passes, this moves the chains. Ben currently has the 3rd best rating in the NFL and has 10/1 TD vs INT. Browns will be a challenge.
    i agree actually - seems to me that having a handful of capable playmakers is better than having one. the latter puts you in a place where the right team can scheme to take away a single player.

i only hope that Fitchner is paying attention to that. Take JuJu, i go Claypool. Take both of them, I go Diontae... take all 3, i go Conner...

the opposition is almost stuck going man-to-man and hoping each of theirs can cover ours - i see only 1 team in the league with a defense with THAT many talented individuals -- and they wear Black and Gold....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2021 Mock Draft
    1. Jamie Newman, QB, UGA
    2. Jabril Cox, ILB, LSU

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we have several rising stars. Claypool is a probowler in the making. I think Johnson has the potential as well. I've never been a fan of JuJu as a 1A, have gone on record many times since we drafted him. But, I do believe he is a really solid 2.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like what I’m seeing this far offensively. The running game is meh but they are being creative in getting rushing yards from other players besides the RB.

One thing to keep in mind is our schedule has been friendly these first 4 games. The next 4 will tell us a lot.

Still encouraging to see us win all of them thus far.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think we have several rising stars. Claypool is a probowler in the making. I think Johnson has the potential as well. I've never been a fan of JuJu as a 1A, have gone on record many times since we drafted him. But, I do believe he is a really solid 2.
    I was a big defender of JuJu when we drafted him. But I never thought he was a #1. He’s best in the slot because he is a great blocker.

He should’ve had a TD last week if Ben threw it to the front corner of the end zone instead of the back corner.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i agree actually - seems to me that having a handful of capable playmakers is better than having one. the latter puts you in a place where the right team can scheme to take away a single player.

i only hope that Fitchner is paying attention to that. Take JuJu, i go Claypool. Take both of them, I go Diontae... take all 3, i go Conner...
    I think that comes down to Ben more than Fichtner. Someone should be open, take whoever the D gives.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think with DJ out this week against the Browns, Claypool is going to have another big game. The way Ben was looking for him last week is just going to carry over into this week's game. He's a match up nightmare. I see him and Ebron both having TD's this weekend. Yep, I said Ebron.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I was a big defender of JuJu when we drafted him. But I never thought he was a #1. He’s best in the slot because he is a great blocker.

He should’ve had a TD last week if Ben threw it to the front corner of the end zone instead of the back corner.
    That’s a solid insight. I mean typically speaking you don’t think of a JuJu in the slot. You tend to think of former scat back, quick. JuJu isn’t any of those things. But to challenge many common perceptions having a juju in the slot makes the Steelers versatile. It’s like having a wideout, te, and pass catcher close to the OL. He is the new slot. So hard to game plan for that. As much grief as I’ve given juju for being an 1A I know he is the revolution of the slot and a big reason the Steelers can beat anyone this season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben's ability to read the D and get the ball out in under 2.0 to me has been the key with the O. The other aspect when you have guys with speed you dont have to air it for 50 to get 50. Yack for us has been pretty good so far. Cain may get a hat this week. The way our O has spread the wealth it wouldn't shock me if he got a few looks Sunday.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I like what I’m seeing this far offensively. The running game is meh but they are being creative in getting rushing yards from other players besides the RB.

One thing to keep in mind is our schedule has been friendly these first 4 games. The next 4 will tell us a lot.

Still encouraging to see us win all of them thus far.
    If we can win 2-1 in the next 3 (Cle, TN, Balt.) we will be in great shape. Then we get Dallas, Bengals and Jags.