Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1446

Thread: Shamless Gloating about my take on Lamar Jackson

Backup

User Info Menu

Don't use this past game as an example of his passing prowess. LAC forced him to pass wide under pressure, and he showed his biggest flaw again. His ability to run, along with Freeman and Murray, saved the O. The true MVP was their entire D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Don't use this past game as an example of his passing prowess. LAC forced him to pass wide under pressure, and he showed his biggest flaw again. His ability to run, along with Freeman and Murray, saved the O. The true MVP was their entire D.
    nobody is claiming that Lamar Jackson is a great passer.

what we're disputing is the ridiculous contention that LJ is a total bust and flop in the NFL and that he has set the Ravens franchise back 5 years.

do you think that?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

what we're disputing is the ridiculous contention that LJ is a total bust and flop in the NFL and that he has set the Ravens franchise back 5 years.

do you think that?
    Currently 35-8 as a starter...including the 5-1-0 start so far this year.

If losing an average of ~ 3 games a year is the equivalent of setting your franchise back half a decade...well, you must have a benchmark of never losing a game ever.

To be fair, this is also the benchmark that some posters seem to use to judge other people in the NFL they don't like (e.g. Tomlin). But not the benchmark they use to judge all QBs (e.g. Ben).

Legend

User Info Menu

Lamar only ran 8 times for 51 yards. I think the defense gets credit for this W. They made the Chargers look like scrubs.

I only caught a little but of this game but the stat line shows Lamar was 19/27. So its not like he was doo doo passing the ball. He had 2 INTís. I saw the second INT, it was a perfect pass that bounced off his WRís chest.

Not seeing how you can say the Chargers forced him to pass wide. His other INT was over the middle but he was still had a 70% completion rate.. 19/27.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Currently 35-8 as a starter...including the 5-1-0 start so far this year.

If losing an average of ~ 3 games a year is the equivalent of setting your franchise back half a decade...well, you must have a benchmark of never losing a game ever.

To be fair, this is also the benchmark that some posters seem to use to judge other people in the NFL they don't like (e.g. Tomlin). But not the benchmark they use to judge all QBs (e.g. Ben).

a 1pm start for west coast teams is notoriously tough over the years especially when it comes to playing a well coached team.

obviously not always the case, check out our game vs oakland this year

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

do you think that?
    Not at all. He's a legit dual threat QB for sure, although I do think the media overrates him at times.
    Last edited by crushedspirit; 10-18-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lamar only ran 8 times for 51 yards. I think the defense gets credit for this W. They made the Chargers look like scrubs.

I only caught a little but of this game but the stat line shows Lamar was 19/27. So its not like he was doo doo passing the ball. He had 2 INT’s. I saw the second INT, it was a perfect pass that bounced off his WR’s chest.

Not seeing how you can say the Chargers forced him to pass wide. His other INT was over the middle but he was still had a 70% completion rate.. 19/27.
    For 167, at a clip of 6.19 yds per pass attempt.
    Last edited by crushedspirit; 10-19-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

For 167, at a clip of 3.59 yds per pass attempt.
    if they lost 34 to 6 I would see your point but completing 70% means he took what was there and didnt try to get greedy.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    if they lost 34 to 6 I would see your point but completing 70% means he took what was there and didnt try to get greedy.
    It's not that hard to get a 70% completion rate when you check down. All I said is not to use this game as an argument for his passing prowess.

You won't convince anyone that a 19-27-167-1-2 is a good passing day, (68 QB passer rating).

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not that hard to get a 70% completion rate when you check down. All I said is not to use this game as an argument for his passing prowess.

You won't convince anyone that a 19-27-167-1-2 is a good passing day, (68 QB passer rating).
    Lamar's previous game against the Colts:

37/43 (86%), 442 yds, 4 TDs, 0 ints, with a 140.5 passer rating.

for anyone to claim that LJ is a bust and a total flop in the NFL is ludicrous.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 10-19-2021 at 02:03 AM.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao