Page 145 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1644

Thread: Shamless Gloating about my take on Lamar Jackson

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    That's the word around the league.
    so how is your boy Baker Mayfield doing?

has he gotten the Browns to leapfrog the Ravens in the standings yet?

I mean, it's been 4 years now that you have been wrong.

or was that a time based prediction you made? lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

That's the word around the league.
    We can only throw down the sideline and into the flat. And while I think Harris is a good all-around back, he doesn't have breakaway speed so teams don't really have to worry about him breaking a huge gain.

Bully the center and cave in the line.

And on O, keep running (away from Heyward) until they stop you. You probably won't have to worry too much about adjusting from there because most of the DL are replacement level guys and the ILBs aren't that good.

Just don't run long developing pass plays because Watt will break your QB.

Our defense kind of reminds me of the Colts when they had Manning. I think we'd still be a pretty strong D if we could score early and take the running game away from the other team. Then just let Watt (and company) tee off on their QB and let Minkah capitalize on QB mistakes (one of the small bright sides of yesterday was seeing him get a pick!).

But we can't score, so we don't get into that situation too much / ever. We aren't really a threat to generate explosive plays on offense, so we need to be very efficient. Which isn't a great recipe for success with a below average OL.

And we don't generate many turnovers on D, so we also have to be super efficient getting opposing offenses off the field the hard way. Which isn't great when opponents can run at will.

It's hard to be optimistic about this team's chances. And I think whatever playoff hopes we have will be dashed if we don't win this week vs. the Rats.

On the bright side, once we're eliminated I can just throw in DVDs from past Steelers Super Bowls on Sundays.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-29-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I watched a bit of the game and neither team looked all that good. I was really surprised how bad Mayfield looked. The dude has to be hurting.

Legend

User Info Menu

What a shock!! LJ throws a pick in the endzone in his first possession. Gloat gloat gloat.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Leads the NFL in picks?? Gloat gloat gloat
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Leads the NFL in picks?? Gloat gloat gloat
    really?

this again?

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure is a great game by LJ huh?? 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Gloat gloat gloat

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure is a great game by LJ huh?? 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Gloat gloat gloat
    look, we get it.

you're unable to ever admit that LJ wasn't a total flop and bust in the NFL so you need to bump this thread every single time he doesn't have that great of a game.

you sound like you're 12 years old, just stfu already.

Legend

User Info Menu

LJ is killing it !! 184 yards and a pick with 6 minutes left in the game!! MVP!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin is clearly outcoaching Harbaugh.