Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamless Gloating about my take on Lamar Jackson

Legend

User Info Menu

Shamless Gloating about my take on Lamar Jackson

Well, well , well... Shut your piehole now Hawaiiansteel.

I told you that Lamar Jackson wasn't a legit QB and now he's being exposed. The Texans did it the week before and the Chiefs did it to him last night. He can't pass outside the hashmarks with any accuracy and sitting in the pocket he can't read defenses. Against scrub teams, he'll show out because those will be bad teams. But against competent teams, he's average at best.

I stand by what I've said for two years; Lamar Jackson is nothing but the latest version of Michael Vick; great first complete year starting when most of the league had no film on him; nothing afterwards after everyone had film on him because he really can't pass.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not ready by any stretch to say the kid's a bust - but the great thing about the NFL is, if you have a weakness it WILL be exposed over the long term. He could certainly work hard and improve his technical skills to complement his innate ability, but we'll need some more time to find out if he's successful.

I thoroughly enjoyed last nights beat down. But one game does not a season nor a career make.

I do agree that I'm not sold on him being a long-term success in the league, but time will tell!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He’s 0-3 vs KC

and 21-1 against the rest of the league.

I don’t think it’s time to pop the bubbly just yet.

He definitely looked bad last night but his TE, Andrew’s did him no favors on a few deep throws. He dropped an easy TD that hit him in his hands.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He’s 0-3 vs KC

and 21-1 against the rest of the league.

I don’t think it’s time to pop the bubbly just yet.

He definitely looked bad last night but his TE, Andrew’s did him no favors on a few deep throws. He dropped an easy TD that hit him in his hands.
    lol...haters are funny. Dude has one bad game and he is a bust? Get real.

Legend

User Info Menu

The kid is a better than average qb who if you let him run he will kill you. He is Vick 2.0

It is crazy how the media tries to make him a transcendent talent.

If he is forced to pass to win he will struggle. Last year may be the best of his career

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

“Andrews is normally a really reliable target, catching most that comes within his wingspan. But just as Jackson was just a hair off in this game, Andrews joined him. Andrews finished the game with three drops, including one in the end zone. Had Andrews caught all three passes that came his way, this might have been a win for Baltimore instead of a 14-point loss.”

——————

This is bull. They weren’t winning that game but Andrew’s drops definitely did it help them. It’s a shameless gloat though so carry on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol...haters are funny. Dude has one bad game and he is a bust? Get real.
    he’s been waiting for 3 years for this moment but losing to KC and epic fashion isn’t really a “gotcha moment”

when Lamar misses the playoffs and they having losing seasons he can gloat like crazy but right now??? I’m just happy to see us in first place.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well, well , well... Shut your piehole now Hawaiiansteel.
    this post just shows the kind of guy you are, very sad on your part.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd still love to have a player like Jackson at QB if we didn't have Ben (of course, someone like Mahommes would be even better). Even with his noted deficiencies, Jackson is better than 70% of the QBs in the league. IMO.

That said, if the Steelers shut LJ down every time they play him this year, I will happily encourage Maniac in his "shamless gloating"!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'd still love to have a player like Jackson at QB if we didn't have Ben (of course, someone like Mahommes would be even better). Even with his noted deficiencies, Jackson is better than 70% of the QBs in the league. IMO.

That said, if the Steelers shut LJ down every time they play him this year, I will happily encourage Maniac in his "shamless gloating"!
    I think you will see the league catching up to LJ. KC doesn't have a great defense but they controlled him last night. As I said in another thread, you can't let them play from out front...force them to play catch up