Thread: Anyone Else Lose Track of Game Days?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone Else Lose Track of Game Days?

Maybe Iím strange but Iím guess some others might have had this same experience in these weird Covid times.

The last 2 weeks I forgot the Steelers were playing on Monday and Sunday.

The first game, I remembered it was game day literally minutes before kickoff. Last week it was 12:45 until I remembered it was even Sunday and game day.

Might be that Iím working from home like loads of people and all the days and time often just seem to blend together. Iíve got days full of meetings and always am looking at a calendar so I should clearly remember the difference between and Monday and a Thursday, but for some reason Iím oblivious.

This has to happen to others during the last 6 months. Maybe itís that I donít ever watch ESPN or NFL Network any more. Iím not catching news in bars or restaurants when I travel. Iím not dressing up in Steeler gear for game day. Iím not going on beer runs before games.

And I guess Iím not really discussing football irl as often.

Id bet others must be having some challenges paying attention.

Legend

User Info Menu

No....... it’s just you.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe I’m strange
    Maybe?????

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm like this with meetings at work.

I go in to teach on Mondays and Wednesdays in the morning, but generally work from home after.

I find myself getting days of the week confused and it's super easy for me to miss one off meetings (instead of ones that happen every week).

Looking forward to all this being over.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I do have the day-blending syndrome. But I've been looking forward to Steelers football all summer, so I haven't forgotten about game day yet!

But I have to admit, on Sunday, my routine was way off. I wasn't watching any pre-game stuff and all of the sudden, it was 1:10pm and I looked at my daughter and said, "OMG, the game is on RIGHT NOW!". We missed the opening kick-off. That's NEVER happened before.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I do have the day-blending syndrome. But I've been looking forward to Steelers football all summer, so I haven't forgotten about game day yet!

But I have to admit, on Sunday, my routine was way off. I wasn't watching any pre-game stuff and all of the sudden, it was 1:10pm and I looked at my daughter and said, "OMG, the game is on RIGHT NOW!". We missed the opening kick-off. That's NEVER happened before.
    Flipp, I am not to your level of discombobulation, but I understand your point. I teeter on your level of disconcertion, but generally still know what time and date games are.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Iíve got the same problem. Last Saturday night I was planning out my Sunday. The original plan was to clean out the garage and watch the US Open. Minutes later I realized the Steelers were playing and this changed everything for the better. Garage remains uncleaned and the US Open is still on my DVR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Garage remains uncleaned
    don't worry, it's not going anywhere

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    don't worry, it's not going anywhere
    Good point. My covid honey do list was dwindling but now growing again with sports back. Wait until OSU kicks off....my weekends will be shot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Flipp, I am not to your level of discombobulation, but I understand your point. I teeter on your level of disconcertion, but generally still know what time and date games are.
    Sure youíre not!... you quoted me and addressed Flippy. Clear cut case of discombobulation!