Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Whistling past the graveyard

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Whistling past the graveyard

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...elers-offense/

    I warned y'all about Ebron not being some kind of upcoming stud. He is what I said he was: not real driven, not real focused, laughs when he drops ball. He is still just potential, not production. He looks just like the disinterested player I have watched the last few years; dropping passes is funny.

    Now Tomlin is trying to claim no worries. OK, there.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    No preseason, he's still getting assimilated into the offense and Ben is still getting used to having him on the team. I think his production will go up in the coming weeks.

    Ebron and McDonald both should be getting some targets. I know there are only so many passes to divvy up, but you would think with the emergence of Johnson and Claypool, along with the consistent presence of Ju Ju, there would be some good opportunities to get the TEs involved.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Steelers confident TE Eric Ebron will become bigger part of game plan

    https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020...game-plan.html

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...elers-offense/

    I warned y'all about Ebron not being some kind of upcoming stud. He is what I said he was: not real driven, not real focused, laughs when he drops ball. He is still just potential, not production. He looks just like the disinterested player I have watched the last few years; dropping passes is funny.

    Now Tomlin is trying to claim no worries. OK, there.
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

    I too was worried about Ebron..but considering your record when starting threads doubting Steeler players....my confidence in Ebron is greater than ever!!!

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Kinda early to extrapolate but he is on pace to match his last season with Luck as QB. That's not terrible.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    pretty stupid post but not surprised considering the source

    ebron has certainly looked engaged and made a big 3rd down catch to move the chains as I recall

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No preseason, he's still getting assimilated into the offense and Ben is still getting used to having him on the team. I think his production will go up in the coming weeks.

    Ebron and McDonald both should be getting some targets. I know there are only so many passes to divvy up, but you would think with the emergence of Johnson and Claypool, along with the consistent presence of Ju Ju, there would be some good opportunities to get the TEs involved.
    I just didn't like of what I saw from Ebron before he was signed here: It was yet another case of a player showcasing potential, but not production, for the most part (he had one great season - 735 yds, 13 TDs - the rest OK).

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EbroEr00.htm

    As the team says, I see his production increasing, but how much? Not sure I'm a fan of his laughing when he drops easy passes.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    pretty stupid post but not surprised considering the source

    ebron has certainly looked engaged and made a big 3rd down catch to move the chains as I recall
    I do like when the fat dude adds his 2 cents.

    So he looked "engaged" one time? I saw him laughing when he dropped a pass right into his hands; he thought it was funny.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers confident TE Eric Ebron will become bigger part of game plan

    https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020...game-plan.html
    Wait, we're supposed to take the opinion of the guy who traded Hopkins for peanuts seriously? How is that genius trade working out for the two teams? AZ 2-0, Hopkins dropping mad rhymes. Texans 0-2 and looking anemic on offense.


  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I do like when the fat dude adds his 2 cents.

    So he looked "engaged" one time? I saw him laughing when he dropped a pass right into his hands; he thought it was funny.
    Ebron may have just been embarrassed, I highly doubt it was because he didn't care and thought it was funny as a result.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •