Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PIT vs HOU

Legend

User Info Menu

PIT vs HOU

Interesting matchup this week vs HOU. HOU has played a couple of tough teams so their stats are probably skewed but a few things I picked up on.

- They are 31st in the league for sacks allowed with 8 total in the first two games; Steelers front seven should feast this weekend. Advantage PIT
    - They are 30th in rushing yds but I am not trusting this stat; maybe they were playing from behind in those other games and went pass happy. The Johnson boys are no slouches at RB but they aren't Barkley either. Advantage PIT
    - Their passing game is middling after trading away their best WR; Fells is a decent TE but not in the same league as Ebron. This unit should scare no one. Advantage PIT
    - 3rd down and long; HOU is one of the worst teams on converting but PIT has given up some big 3rd downs; I give this a push
    - Although HOU is 3rd in passing yds allowed, they are 31st in rushing yds allowed; Conner and Snell should have their best game of the season unless Fichtner outsmarts himself and decides to go pass-heavy; Advantage PIT
    - HOU is 6th in the league in TD efficiency in the RZ (80%); gotta keep them away from there; PIT is 17th (57%); Advantage HOU

So looks a lot like last week; on paper this is a game PIT should win, and they should be able to be call a more balanced offense (currently 60%/40% pass/run)

Last edited by NorthCoast; 09-24-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers 30
    Texans 22

Legend

User Info Menu

Never underestimate Deshaun Watson

This is going to be a hard fought game

Legend

User Info Menu

Hoping to see the O stay on schedule this week so we get fewer 3rd and longs and a better 3rd down conversion rate.

I'm interested to see how the D calls plays against a more established QB.

Should be a good game.

Good guys win: 34 - 20. Fitz seems due for a big play, gets a pick 6.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

agreed

Houston is a desperate team and that always spells trouble

unless we lose the turnover battle I think we should win but I think it's going to be a close game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Steelers 30
    Texans 22
    Steelers 34
    Texans 13

Texans secondary is awful and they allow to many sacks. Means a long day for Watson.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Steelers 34
    Texans 13

Texans secondary is awful and they allow to many sacks. Means a long day for Watson.
    From your lips (keyboard?) to God's ear.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Texans have always been an anomaly. They will start out hot and fade or start out cold and heat up.

You really never know what team you are facing week to week with the Texans. They are in desperation mode so who knows what team shows up.

The coach is also a weirdo. Test somehow he keeps his job and ends up in the playoffs most years because Watson goes into cheat code mode.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Houston hurt their offense big time by trading away DeAndre Hopkins. They're still trying to figure out how to fill that hole.

That said, anytime you have a healthy Deshaun Watson at QB, your offense is very dangerous.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As much as I try to be an optimist - the Steelers usually drive me towards pessimism, especially when playing an opponent they should beat. Maybe it's games like last week where a backup QB almost achieved the upset that has conditioned me to be nervous.

But for some reason, I'm feeling this is a game where the Steelers come out firing on both sides and run away with it. Certainly the 0-2 for the Texans might indicate they are a bad team, but those losses were to KC and Baltimore. So I think you have a team that's desperate and looking to make a statement. And when the Steelers play good teams, they typically rise to the occasion.

So for no logical reason whatsoever - I'm saying 37-10 Steelers.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!