Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More gloating- Chase

Legend

User Info Menu

More gloating- Chase

People were saying he is not fast. No game speed.
    The message I replied to said, “has he ever taken the top off a defense”?

Think about what we saw Sunday as you read my reply below:

“Show me a fly route period. I cant find ONE.
    Is that because he cant run, or his QB was limited?
    Impossible to "take the top off" a defense, when you HAVE to slow down to catch the ball.

I'll tell you this, with the way he throws those passes on tape, if that QB throws deep and the receiver is on a fly route at full speed....that is gonna be a pick.

Fact. We know the guy can run a 4.4. He was timed. That is why they time you. It HAS to be he has "build up" speed (typical of long striders) which you will never see unless its a fly route.

He "can" run that fast....its a fact. I think what we see on tape is that he lacks short "burst" speed.

As I said earlier...kind of the opposite of AB.

Visualize this:
    How does a DB stop Ben from targeting this dude underneath whenever he wants? Give a DB a quarter or two of that and he HAS to play him tight.

Then you go deep...build up speed winds up deceptive speed is a straight sprint after 20 yards.

Ben throws a no slow down over the shoulder.

YOU NEVER SEE THAT THROW ON TAPE.

I think THAT is what they envision. Ben "specifically" and this kid TOGETHER might be something special as their strengths compliment each other perfectly.”
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-22-2020 at 12:59 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I had no concern over speed. My biggest concern with Claypool was how well can he track an over the shoulder pass at full speed cause you NEVER see that in his college tape. He is ALWAYS slowing down to make a contested catch even on deep routes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I had no concern over speed. My biggest concern with Claypool was how well can he track an over the shoulder pass at full speed cause you NEVER see that in his college tape. He is ALWAYS slowing down to make a contested catch even on deep routes.
    my biggest concern was that Claypool wasn't from Maryland or Virginia
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-22-2020 at 03:01 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    my biggest concern was that Claypool wasn't from Maryland or Virginia
    I agree given that is the only place we draft players from with Tomlin's son as head scout (sarcasm)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree given that is the only place we draft players from with Tomlin's son as head scout (sarcasm)
    welp, for a while it seemed like Tomlin only had eyes for Buckeyes. Looks like he's branched out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    welp, for a while it seemed like Tomlin only had eyes for Buckeyes. Looks like he's branched out.
    The Buckeye obsession seemed to dissipate after Dick LeBeau left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm still in shock and awe over what I've seen from him in only his first two games. Spectacular performances by a rookie.

Legend

User Info Menu

You shoulda just believed in my mock draft where I had the Steelers taking Claypool with the 1st pick. I always thought he had the most upside in the draft and his college highlights/tapes just showed a guy with little experience and unlimited upside.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You shoulda just believed in my mock draft where I had the Steelers taking Claypool with the 1st pick. I always thought he had the most upside in the draft and his college highlights/tapes just showed a guy with little experience and unlimited upside.
    Plus...he's Canadian and we're awesome!
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

I finally found someone who said we got the "steal of the draft!" Not a board member...I don't think.

Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158