Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Conner good to go for Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

James Conner good to go for Sunday

James Conner good to go for Sunday

Posted by Josh Alper on September 18, 2020

Steelers running back James Conner hurt his ankle in Monday nightís win over the Giants, but it wonít keep him from being available against the Broncos this weekend.

Conner was a full participant in practice the last two days and he was not given an injury designation for Week Two. That sets him up to play against Denver, although it remains to be seen how the Steelers balance the backfield work after Benny Snell put up 113 yards on 19 carries against the Giants.

Right guard David DeCastro has been ruled out for the second week in a row with a knee injury. His replacement Stefan Wisniewski left early with a pectoral injury and has also been ruled out against Denver.

Fourth-round pick Kevin Dotson is likely to start at guard and Chukwuma Okorafor will take over at right tackle for Zach Banner, who was placed on injured reserve this week with a torn ACL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...go-for-sunday/

Legend

User Info Menu

Wish him good luck. Steelers need two healthy backs to get thru the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like most, I'm a fan of JC and want him to succeed - but I'm wondering if he's pushing himself now after watching Benny rack up over 100 yards in 3 quarters.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Like most, I'm a fan of JC and want him to succeed - but I'm wondering if he's pushing himself now after watching Benny rack up over 100 yards in 3 quarters.
    It will work out, all of a sudden Conner could put 3-4 games in, with Benny and McFly at the ready. I don't think he's extra pushing from Snell as much as he's desperately trying to shake off the injury prone thing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Competition can be a good thing. No worries. If they can push each other and bring out the best in each other, we benefit.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Competition can be a good thing. No worries. If they can push each other and bring out the best in each other, we benefit.
    Yep. Hope they are both healthy and have an honest competition.

I hope that Snell wins that competition because he'll be on a cheap deal for a while longer.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm just waiting for the Snell/McFarland era. Connor is not the Steelers future.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm just waiting for the Snell/McFarland era. Connor is not the Steelers future.
    He will get an inordinate amount of chances because he's a western PA dude. (NOT Pgh, but ERIE, NOT the same thing, even though commentators constantly get it wrong, claiming he's from Pgh. It's 2.5 hours away, although he went to Pitt.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    He will get an inordinate amount of chances because he's a western PA dude
    yeah, I'm sure that's the #1 criteria Tomlin uses

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not a fan of running back by committee especially when 3 of your 5 lineman are out.