Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Villanueva Breaks Rank

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The NFL rule was "a player" was allowed to be displayed. AV felt compelled to display a guy that made the ultimate sacrifice with his life in saving others, rather than a guy that had his life taken for whatever reason. In my mind (and maybe AV's) that is a huge difference. The other guy was honored by the other 48 players.
    48 NFL players brought attention to that lady's son and she has the nerve to bitch about 1 NFLer/war hero bringing attention to another war hero who died in action. unreal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    48 NFL players brought attention to that lady's son and she has the nerve to bitch about 1 NFLer/war hero bringing attention to another war hero who died in action. unreal
    Died in action saving the lives of other soldiers while he was burning alive

Screw that lady

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Some people only see negative and can't recognize (or won't acknowledge) positives.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Some people only see negative and can't recognize (or won't acknowledge) positives.
    This.

If you want to be offended, and a lot of people do, you can convince yourself that a reason is there.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree. His act is getting old and tired. Whole team does something but not the Ranger.. he’s “special”

edit: after reading ghost follow up I will give AV a pass.
    I really don't mind him wanting to something different from the team, just the part of taping over the kids name and writing in a another name, that is a pretty disrespectful display especially on a national stage like Monday night football. I don't blame the kids mom for being upset, a tribute to her son was hjacked, AV should have handled it better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I really don't mind him wanting to something different from the team, just the part of taping over the kids name and writing in a another name, that is a pretty disrespectful display especially on a national stage like Monday night football. I don't blame the kids mom for being upset, a tribute to her son was hjacked, AV should have handled it better.
    AV talked to the coach, and got his permission for what he planned to do. If you have a problem with what he did, you should direct your ire toward Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

There are a lot more "causes" and people who deserve recognition than her son

Starter

User Info Menu

Correct, AV talked to the coach and it was approved. Non-story. I've some what surprised at the ire the mom expressed. I feel for her loss, as it must be extremely painful.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't blame the kids mom for being upset, a tribute to her son was hjacked, AV should have handled it better.
    What heroic or spectacular thing did her kid do to make his memory worthy of a “tribute?”

Legend

User Info Menu

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=avenir-Maurkice Pouncy says he will choose what to put on his Helmet from now on

Pouncey took to Instagram this morning and wanted to clarify that he did not have enough information on Antwon Rose Jr.

Pouncey stated: I was to personally clarify what transpired this past Monday night in regard to having Antwon Rose's name on my helmet. I was given limited information on the situation regarding Antwon, and I was unaware of the whole story surrounding his death and what transpired during the trial following the tragedy. I should have done more research to fully understand what occurred in its entirety. My work with the Police, both in Pittsburgh and back home in Florida, is well documented. I don't always feel the need to highlight what I do with the Police Departments, but I also want to make sure they understand I inadvertently supported a cause of which I did not fully comprehend the entire background of the case. I take responsibility for not doing more investigating into something that is sensitive to the community and his family, but it is a lesson learned as it relates to political issues that occue every day in our society. Moving forward, I will make my own decision about what to wear on the back of my helmet. Make no mistake, I am against racism and I believe the best thing I can do is to continue helping repair relationships between the police and their communities. Systemic racism issues have occurred in our country for too long, and that needs to stop. My focus will continue to be on helping the police in our communities, and I will support making any necessary changes to help those efforts.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.