Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best pair of edge rushers in the NFL?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think fans were too quick to write Dupree off. He’s been playing great football for the last 2.5 years.
    I agree feltdizz but will throw some chilled water on last night's performance. There were at least a few times where the Giants came up with the great idea of absolutely no one blocking Dupree. And then they came up with a slightly better plan of a TE blocking him. So he had great success, as he should. If he can keep this up, I will personally start a GoFundMe page to keep him in Pittsburgh.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dupree is a beast. We better find a way to work something out. Maybe we win a SB this year and Ben retires?
    Do you think we even with that game last night sans Ben? Possibly, but not many others.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    too bad they were unprepared and unfocused last night.
    Can you try to stay on topic with threads? There is already a thread on the team coming out unfocused that you can comment on. This thread is on Pgh having the top pair of edge rushers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Can you try to stay on topic with threads? There is already a thread on the team coming out unfocused that you can comment on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It feels like we are in episode of the twilight zone where Dupree is one of the best OLBs in the NFL and there are no fans in the stands.
    He is too humble to be a big show off in front of fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It feels like we are in episode of the twilight zone where Dupree is one of the best OLBs in the NFL and there are no fans in the stands.
    Bud had an awesome game last night. I hope he has 15 more in the regular season along with how ever many playoff games we play on the road to another trophy.

My guess is that when the tape gets analyzed, we'll find that the Giants opted to shift protection to TJ (and maybe Tuitt too) and make Bud beat them (kind of like how we cheated our D to make their QB beat us).

And I'm 100% fine with that because my guess is that Bud will be able to wreck teams if he's the poison they pick.

God I love that we have a good D again. And this time with what should be a competent O.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    You can only sign 1: DuPree or JuJu?
    If this were true, I'd seriously consider taking Bud and letting JuJu walk. Not because I don't think JuJu is good, but because I think we would still have 3 good WRs if JuJu walks and I don't know much about our depth at OLB / Edge.

I worry that we won't be able to afford either.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    You can only sign 1: DuPree or JuJu?
    That's a no brainer.. Dupree. I just hope it comes down to that. My fear is that we lose them both (and then some)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think anyone will dispute Bud's first couple years he underperformed based on expectations. I also don't think anyone will dispute he turned it on huge last year and last nights game was a monster performance. He wrecked that O-line.

the most cynical might suggest he got religion as he approaches a new contract. I am not in that camp. Certainly he wants to perform well to maximize his value, but I think we kept adding other pieces to the defense as a whole and finally reached a tipping point that is allowing not only Bud but everyone on the defense to excel. There simply aren't a lot of weak spots right now on that side whereas in his first few years I'd suggest our secondary was below average resulting in less opportunities for Bud and the other LB's to make plays.

Bottom line, if he plays only half as good the rest of the season as he did last night - it will be a pro-bowl year. I hope we find a way to keep him for another 3-4 years.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I don't think anyone will dispute Bud's first couple years he underperformed based on expectations. I also don't think anyone will dispute he turned it on huge last year and last nights game was a monster performance. He wrecked that O-line.

the most cynical might suggest he got religion as he approaches a new contract. I am not in that camp. Certainly he wants to perform well to maximize his value, but I think we kept adding other pieces to the defense as a whole and finally reached a tipping point that is allowing not only Bud but everyone on the defense to excel. There simply aren't a lot of weak spots right now on that side whereas in his first few years I'd suggest our secondary was below average resulting in less opportunities for Bud and the other LB's to make plays.

Bottom line, if he plays only half as good the rest of the season as he did last night - it will be a pro-bowl year. I hope we find a way to keep him for another 3-4 years.
    Dupree was close a ton in prior seasons. It made it especially frustrating. It is not like it was completely out of the blue. It just looked like he was never gonna get there.

It is like a 10 percent improvement took him from "Bum" to "Beast".