Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How bout that run defense? AluAlu and coaches deserve props.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Premature overreaction? Really.

That is rich coming from you Mr. "Team was unprepared" 10 minutes into game 1.

More like 2 minutes into the game.

Suggestion? Read with the intent to comprehend. Look at what I actually said before commenting so you don't "overreact" with nonsensical replies that have nothing to do with my comment.

Hmmm, superfluous already.

Never projected anything. Said nothing about the season. Just gave props for ONE well called game. You see I actually watched the game before judging it.

I have a star for you.

I suggest you learn to do the same and stop embarrassing yourself.

Oh thank you for your help. You're the best.
    How is your take on Conner working out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    How is your take on Conner working out?
    My take on Conner is just fine. Thanks for asking.

In January I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming
    Snell is a legit "bell cow".... Conners is the perfect backup as injuries are far less likely or devastating.
    Two days ago I said:
    Conners future might well be as a capable backup 3rd down type. Ironically, it is the one scenario I would not mind keeping him. If he doesn't get the starting job back he will have very little leverage and be dirt cheap.
    My take on Conner has always acknowledged he is injury prone. Once I saw Snell LAST SEASON I knew it was just a matter of time.

Again you swing and miss.

Nice try though.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-16-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

My take on Conner is just fine. Thanks for asking.

In January I said:

Two days ago I said:

My take on Conner has always acknowledged he is injury prone. Once I saw Snell LAST SEASON I knew it was just a matter of time.

Again you swing and miss.

Nice try though.
    Snell was pretty odd last season IMO.

He looked terrible and slow in preseason.

Has a fairly significant injury.

Came back and looked pretty good (maybe because Conner was also hurt so he was competing against scrubs, and everything on O was bad so any positive looked good? ).

Anyway, looks like he got on the Steeler RB 1st off season training program. Lost some weight and will hopefully be faster / more explosive.

Hope he has a great season and surpasses Conner easily so we don't have too much complaining when we let JC go after the season.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Let's not pop the bottles of champaign just yet, Tic Toc. It was against the worst team in the last 3 years of football. When they shut down the Ravens' rushing game and things of that nature we can talk then. Talk about an overreaction after one game vs. the worst team in the NFL over the last 3 years!!!!!!
    lmao.. you were ready to fry Tomlin after 5 minutes in the first game after no preseason but you want us to wait on celebrating our first win?

please don’t be one of those guys who pooh, pooh wins but prop up the losses like it’s the worst thing that ever happened in football.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 09-16-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Snell was pretty odd last season IMO.

He looked terrible and slow in preseason.

Has a fairly significant injury.

Came back and looked pretty good (maybe because Conner was also hurt so he was competing against scrubs, and everything on O was bad so any positive looked good? ).

Anyway, looks like he got on the Steeler RB 1st off season training program. Lost some weight and will hopefully be faster / more explosive.

Hope he has a great season and surpasses Conner easily so we don't have too much complaining when we let JC go after the season.
    Benny Snail was a hilariously accurate name early last year. He looked slow as hell.

Still, I knew it was just a matter of time before Snell took over as the #1 RB. Conner was never a bell cow IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wait.. somehow I didn’t realize the topic was supposed to be about the run defense.

Why are we talking about Conner and Snell?

smh.. run D was insane. I was a bit worried about our passing D early on (I was at a company dinner and could only glance at the game in the first half) but it looks like we sold out to stop the run.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Benny Snail was a hilariously accurate name early last year. He looked slow as hell.
    Lance Williams called him "Benny has no Jets". That was awesome. Nice that neither apply anymore.