Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Giants Game Observations

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    "...touchdown Juju, ... which means somewhere in the world AB is breaking something"...... hahahaaa

Starter

User Info Menu

Never been a fan of the Pittsburgh Dad. Just don't find him humorous.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wisniewski was ok in pass pro but his run blocking was weak. Could not bet a bow and could not turn out the defender. Banner however i thought gut to 2nd level a few times walled off well and is the mauler type you want at RT.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Some positivities:

1. Claypool; once Roethlisberger and he get more reps, it's gonna be real fun to watch these two. The only downside is an embarrassment of riches of Steeler pass catchers so not enough balls to go around. He was only targeted 2X I think.
    2. Ebron; that was a smooth catch and run across the middle; but see #1
    3. Snell; I won't hide my enthusiasm for the guy; runs like a Steeler RB; 19 for 113 yds, not a single TFL on the night! even though the blocking up front was shaky most of the night
    4. Canada; early on we saw the motion influence, nothing spectacular but I think they were trying to get a few looks on film for defenses to have to prepare for
    5. Dupree; what a night, what a terror (full disclosure, he was going against a rookie tackle)
    6. Edmunds; was it me or was this guy near the ball every time he was targeted? I only saw one play where he got caught cheating and was trailing the receiver by a couple of yds.
    7. Colquitt; unlike some, I think he had a good night; Giants returner is dangerous
    8. Announcers; ok, I will cut them a break. It's gotta suck trying to announce a game with fake crowd noise and no fans in the stands. that blond announcer....mmmm.

You're the only one who mentioned Edmunds. The Edmunds haters are going to have to go quiet with the "weak link" nonsense. Edmunds looked like one of the best players on defense. He was all over the field, showed speed and toughness. Led the team in tackles. Now some have questioned again him getting beat in coverage. They questioned few but him. I didn't think he got beat worse than anyone else. In fact he was very close in coverage when he did get beat, which is a good thing.

I think Edmunds absolutely is developing and will be and already is a good player, and an asset on defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Wisniewski was ok in pass pro but his run blocking was weak. Could not bet a bow and could not turn out the defender. Banner however i thought gut to 2nd level a few times walled off well and is the mauler type you want at RT.
    Unfortunately, Banner is done for the year

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    You're the only one who mentioned Edmunds. The Edmunds haters are going to have to go quiet with the "weak link" nonsense. Edmunds looked like one of the best players on defense. He was all over the field, showed speed and toughness. Led the team in tackles. Now some have questioned again him getting beat in coverage. They questioned few but him. I didn't think he got beat worse than anyone else. In fact he was very close in coverage when he did get beat, which is a good thing.

I think Edmunds absolutely is developing and will be and already is a good player, and an asset on defense.
    someone has to take the blame on defense. Edmunds is that guy. It used to be Dupree.

Funny because a few years back in the game thread someone was asking where Dupree was and I swear it was the first 3 minutes of the game.

when people have a whipping boy they won’t let go until they find another one.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I was a Dupree hater; now reformed.

But it is interesting that PFF chose TJ Watt as the DPOTW rather than Dupree. What did they see that others didn't?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    You're the first I've heard say that. I find him hilarious! I've introduced him to non-Steelers fans and they love him too. He has a pretty large following.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Are you from Pittsburgh?

If not, I could see why but anyone from Pittsburgh or familiar with the area usually finds him hilarious.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?