Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It's Snell Going Forward

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No it isn't official but based on Tomlin's past managing of RBs, the guy that is hot usually gets the carries. In truth, it's a long season and the Steelers really need both Conner and Snell (and maybe McF) to get to the finish line.
    Conner gets hurt in like 3 carries at this point. Oh, but I forgot, he worked out with the weights like crazy: irrelevant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Conner gets hurt in like 3 carries at this point. Oh, but I forgot, he worked out with the weights like crazy: irrelevant.
    I don't know what an ankle workout looks like, but maybe he missed that part in the offseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Correct, although if memory serves we correctly Kentucky had one hell of an OL as well.

I do like his vision, cutting, and how he finished runs as well.
    My only concern is the way he fights at the end of runs. Opens himself up to a fumble being forced.

Starter

User Info Menu

Benny looked excellent against the Giants and I am all in favor of him being the lead back going forward. He has improved his quickness, and speed and is still a tough runner. He is a smaller target and can find those cracks and crevices to skoot through. I am anxious to see if he can continue that play. If Shawn, Steeledeville, et al want big ups for touting him, you got one.

I think Conner would be a strong number two and occasional number one, when called upon. I've always been a little concerned about him being an injury risk, so this would probably be a better role for him. I just want to see the distribution of touches, so that he does get some.

I'm also anxious to see what McFarland can bring when he does get in. So, the Steelers never needed to draft Dobbins. Dobbins had two TDS but Snell looked much better as a ball carrier the first week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Dobbins had two TDS but Snell looked much better as a ball carrier the first week.
    FWIW Dobbins had 7 carries for 22 yards. They brought him into the game at the GL for a couple of short TDs. As great as it is for the kid to get his feet wet with a couple of scores in his first game, it isn't like he was a force in victory.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    FWIW Dobbins had 7 carries for 22 yards. They brought him into the game at the GL for a couple of short TDs. As great as it is for the kid to get his feet wet with a couple of scores in his first game, it isn't like he was a force in victory.
    Apparently someone felt Dobbins was good enough for ROTW:

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate...ie-of-the-week

but I'm with ya on that... and keep in mind CLE had the 30th ranked rush defense last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Apparently someone felt Dobbins was good enough for ROTW:

https://www.si.com/college/ohiostate...ie-of-the-week

but I'm with ya on that... and keep in mind CLE had the 30th ranked rush defense last season.
    Claypool catches deserved it more than 22 yards rushing

Legend

User Info Menu

I will be very surprise if Claypool doesn't show up on the list in multiple weeks once he gets going.

Starter

User Info Menu

I like Dobbins a lot but keep in mind he played behind a monster OL in college.

Legend

User Info Menu

I will be very surprise if Claypool doesn't show up on the list in multiple weeks once he gets going.
    Claypool looks to be a beast. I watched him out there and very few cornerbacks will be able to jam him coming off the line. When he has learns good technique to go along with his physical attributes, he could be as dominant as we've seen in a while.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]