Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Snell Going Forward

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He certainly didn't look great when he had the ball in game 1.

And it kind of looked like we were forcing him to be involved.
    I agree NB. And that 'pre-snap motion' they were using fooled absolutely no one and seemed to annoy Roethlisberger. They finally scrapped it at the end of the 2nd quarter when Roethlisberger went to the 2 min. drill. Honestly, I was expecting to see more than a WR sweeping across the backfield. If this is what all the excitement was about 'motion', then....meh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He certainly didn't look great when he had the ball in game 1.

And it kind of looked like we were forcing him to be involved.
    reminds me of preseason when they want to get a good look at someone they know they won’t keep on the team. Give him a bunch of reps to see if anything changed and then move onto the next guy.

..or maybe they listened to someone on here who wanted to give Conner 25 touches in game one. I joked he would end up hurt if he had that many carries.. welp.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Granted it was one game against the Giants, but one thing that I noticed, and loved, about Snell is the way he finished off his runs. It seemed that as he was being tackled he would get that extra yard or two right at the end of the run. He would be stopped for 3, and somehow turn it into a five yard gain by pushing, squeezing, inching forward always.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is this official? I'd love to see the 1-2 punch of Snell and McFarland.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Is this official? I'd love to see the 1-2 punch of Snell and McFarland.
    No it isn't official but based on Tomlin's past managing of RBs, the guy that is hot usually gets the carries. In truth, it's a long season and the Steelers really need both Conner and Snell (and maybe McF) to get to the finish line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree NB. And that 'pre-snap motion' they were using fooled absolutely no one and seemed to annoy Roethlisberger. They finally scrapped it at the end of the 2nd quarter when Roethlisberger went to the 2 min. drill. Honestly, I was expecting to see more than a WR sweeping across the backfield. If this is what all the excitement was about 'motion', then....meh.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-teams-use-it

Legend

User Info Menu

thanks for article pittpete. good read and analysis. pretty interesting that 'motion' only has value when it is continuous at the snap and not motion+set. Anyway, not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Let's see where things evolve as the season goes along.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    reminds me of preseason when they want to get a good look at someone they know they won’t keep on the team. Give him a bunch of reps to see if anything changed and then move onto the next guy.

..or maybe they listened to someone on here who wanted to give Conner 25 touches in game one. I joked he would end up hurt if he had that many carries.. welp.
    I thought he might last 2-3 games, not less than a half of one game. I grabbed Snell for my fantasy team. Yeaaaa, buddy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Granted it was one game against the Giants, but one thing that I noticed, and loved, about Snell is the way he finished off his runs. It seemed that as he was being tackled he would get that extra yard or two right at the end of the run. He would be stopped for 3, and somehow turn it into a five yard gain by pushing, squeezing, inching forward always.
    It's what he did at KY, vs. those bastard tough SEC Ds. He led that conf. in rushing, amongst those Bama, LSU, GA and FL schools. That's impressive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It's what he did at KY, vs. those bastard tough SEC Ds. He led that conf. in rushing, amongst those Bama, LSU, GA and FL schools. That's impressive.
    Correct, although if memory serves we correctly Kentucky had one hell of an OL as well.

I do like his vision, cutting, and how he finished runs as well.