Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SuperBowl or Bust - Now or Never

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Is it becoming easier to get on board with this team?

At the beginning of the season, I think most folks weren't that sure.

Now I sense more optimism throughout the fan base after the 1st quarter of the season.

Not too shabby considering our typical slow starts.

Might be onto something here....
    Always on board!!! Its being a fan

Legend

User Info Menu

Is it becoming easier to get on board with this team?

At the beginning of the season, I think most folks weren't that sure.
    I've said all off-season that it is very simple.....

If Ben is back then this team is a contender. If he isn't then .500 max. I think we have seen the answer to the question, and only extra time to get timing down is what will determine how good this O can be.

Legend

User Info Menu

While it still looks like we have work to do to keep getting better, we just punched out ticket historically speaking to make it to the SuperBowl.

When we get there, we need to collapse the center of the pocket so Brady has no where to step up and get comfortable when he's throwing.

Is it just me or is it looking like it's probably going to be us and Tampa?

Legend

User Info Menu

While it still looks like we have work to do to keep getting better, we just punched out ticket historically speaking to make it to the SuperBowl.

When we get there, we need to collapse the center of the pocket so Brady has no where to step up and get comfortable when he's throwing.

With AB on that team, it seems to be destiny.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

It's just so satisfying to see the team in the position they are. After going through AB's drama, overcoming Shazier's injury, then overcoming Ben's injury... to finally start to see Tomlin amd Colbert's finished process come together after a decade of building from the Polamalu era..

I can't say enough about how much I like this team. Going into the season and seeing absolutely no holes on the roster, knowing the team mentality is binding the guys together; not having felt this strong since 2005 imo. From Juju being an incredible example of embodying the Steelers way, to Ben putting the final chapter to his career to be the example of good to overcome the examples of bad he may have done in the past. Tomlin proving he can build a team and him earning his place with Cowher and Noll. The absolute ferociousness that is the Steelers defense once again. Being led by Heyward, the last person left to have played with the previous legacy of Pittsburgh defense. It's just all an incredible story.

The process truly is more important than the result. Watching it all come together is a thing of beauty. But the result is whether not people remember the process in the first place. Just ask the 1995 Steelers that.
    Believe In Now

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    With AB on that team, it seems to be destiny.
    It would be a gratification never known to man to be able to beat down both Brady and AB in their own stadium at the super bowl, for #7 and then to be on top of the league in hardware again. It'd be too much..
    Believe In Now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    It would be a gratification never known to man to be able to beat down both Brady and AB in their own stadium at the super bowl, for #7 and then to be on top of the league in hardware again. It'd be too much..
    Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know Flippy.

This was supposed to be played weeks ago.

Not sure if the space time continuum counts this as a week 7 game for the purposes of us going to the SB.

We should just win our next 30 games or so to be sure

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't know Flippy.

This was supposed to be played weeks ago.

Not sure if the space time continuum counts this as a week 7 game for the purposes of us going to the SB.

We should just win our next 30 games or so to be sure
    Okay North, you've talked me into it. Let's win the next 30.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Okay North, you've talked me into it. Let's win the next 30.
    you would probably still keep your sig up anyway