Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Allen tops UGII for backup ILB spot

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Obviously the coaches who see them everyday disagree with you
    Not necessarily. It could mean neither are impressive, UGIi so disappointing Allen was needed at the position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Here we go again with their obsession to find a S/LB hybrid. Isn't Allen only 215 LBs? I'm not sure him at ILB is gonna be great when we are playing Chubb, Zeke, Ingram, Dobbins and Henry.
    I'm going to guess Allen weighs more than he did when he was drafted
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-14-2020 at 02:52 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the move personally. The Steelers like their safeties to be interchangeable and I think playing S in Pittsburgh didn't fit his skill set.

He's more of a thumper like Vince. He was a hustler in college that likes to hit people.

He may have to bulk up a bit, but I can see this kid as a play maker if they can use him the right way. And I heard Jerry O is pretty excited to be working with him.

I gotta admit, the Steelers D frustrates me at times. We try to fit every player into our system vs trying to allow guys to excel at their strengths and modify the D to the player's strengths at times.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I'm going to guess Allen weighs more than he did when he was drafted
    Especially if he/they knew he was gonna play ILB. But just looking at him, he still won't be anywhere as heavy as ILBs usually are. Imagine a dude that small trying to shake off an OG or C?!?!?!?!?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gilbert didn't even make the active list for the Giants game. Disappointing.

BTW, little Booger didn't make it, either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    BTW, little Booger didn't make it, either.
    Looks like he could next week with Conner hobbled.