Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What I Hope to see in Gm #1

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I want to see the rookies flash. It does two things.

1. Looks like they were great picks
    2. Give the coaches incentive to involve them more right away.

Dream 1st quarter sequence:

Rookie OLBer creates a fumble from sack on his first play showing him touted "first step" is real.
    Offense takes over...rookie RB tears a 60 yard run to the 17 yard line on his first run showing his potential to bring his college big play ability to the NFL.....rookie receiver come in and scores a 17 ysrd touchdown on his first play showing his potential as a red zone beast.

Each of the three plays a handful of other plays and are effective,

Throughout the game rookies hit on good not great plays on their limited opportunities.

How exciting it would it be if we beat the Giants with the rookies shocking us in game 1
    It would be great...and unlikely.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    why? Because we are the Steelers?

It’s been a covid offseason and Ben hasn’t played in a year. We have no idea what the Giants are this year.
    YOU may have no idea, others may.

Legend

User Info Menu

The other things I want to see are Bush taking over the green dot and Bush covering TEs well.

I K ow he had a very good rookie season, but I wish he had a full real off season this year as well. Hope it doesn't affect his growth.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    No one cares if you care what I think of Tomlin. What a waste of a post.
    I do care if someone else cares if you care that Felt cares about you.

😊

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    why? Because we are the Steelers?

Itís been a covid offseason and Ben hasnít played in a year. We have no idea what the Giants are this year.
    People haven't payed attention to the NFL over the years. There are different ways the Steelers could win or lose the game. Those of us who learned over the years know this. It's like people suffer from memory loss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    People haven't payed attention to the NFL over the years. There are different ways the Steelers could win or lose the game. Those of us who learned over the years know this. It's like people suffer from memory loss.
    on any given Sunday...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No injuries...
    Balance play call...I do believe the giants will be looking for a lot of runs so, this may not workout so well....
    Don’t get cute with the play calling
    yes, been very painful to watch the last several years starting slow....

Legend

User Info Menu

hope Roethlisberger doesn't gift the ball to the defense; in his career he has a total of 15 INTs in Wk1 games, with 5 INTs in the last 3 yrs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Run a balanced offense; not too much on Ben: not too much on Conner. Defense will ( should ) be fine.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I do care if someone else cares if you care that Felt cares about you.

��
    I do care that you care if I care.