Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: What I Hope to see in Gm #1

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I’d like to see no injuries.

    This is like a first preseason game and no one is in football shape. I kinda envision this game being sloppy. Tired players. Lack of prep. Poor tackling. Etc.

    Likely we’ll start slower than usual because this team needs to warm up. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re desperate by Oct/Nov and we might need to unleash Hell a little earlier than usual.

    Im still optimistic about this season, but being realistic, not having a preseason is going to be a bigger challenge for us than most others given our slow starts and the fact our QB is coming back from a major injury so we have to know this will slow down the development of this team.

    My hope is we’re hot by the end of the season and everyone has overlooked us at that point and we sneak away with a Lombardi by year end.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I don't want another september stench. The giants and the broncos should be a win. I'd like to see a split between the texans and the titans. Hoping for 3-1 going into October. No major injuries, fast start.

    The Steelers have a history of starting slow under Tomlin. He caught a break this year with a pandemic'd preseason that may have leveled the field with respect to preparedness.

    I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic - but fair warning. With Ben back, a defense that is projected to be possibly the best in the league and going against a rookie HC with an unproven QB, if the Steelers lose on Monday I suspect I will have an epic meltdown.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    conner with 25 touches means he will be hurt by week 3. There is no need to force feed conner with the other weapons we have on offense.
    this /\/\/\/\

  4. #14
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    A ST return for a TD would be sweet. When is the last time we saw one of those?
    Didn’t Johnson have Punt return last year, Cardinals?

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I don't want another september stench. The giants and the broncos should be a win. I'd like to see a split between the texans and the titans. Hoping for 3-1 going into October. No major injuries, fast start.

    The Steelers have a history of starting slow under Tomlin. He caught a break this year with a pandemic'd preseason that may have leveled the field with respect to preparedness.

    I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic - but fair warning. With Ben back, a defense that is projected to be possibly the best in the league and going against a rookie HC with an unproven QB, if the Steelers lose on Monday I suspect I will have an epic meltdown.
    I'm gonna already say, a preemptive strike, if you will: If Pgh loses this one, I will go on an anti-Tomlin rant for a while. There is no way they should lose this one, especially since there is virtually no home-field advantage. If they come out flat and unfocused, it is on the head coach, period. I could give a flying F if he gives semi-eloquent speeches on race or whatever; this team better be prepared, period.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ben finish the game with zero arm issues

    I hope we run the ball 30+ times
    Top line here is clearly the most important thing.

    I want to be done watching Mason and company
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I’d like to see no injuries.

    This is like a first preseason game and no one is in football shape. I kinda envision this game being sloppy. Tired players. Lack of prep. Poor tackling. Etc.

    Likely we’ll start slower than usual because this team needs to warm up. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re desperate by Oct/Nov and we might need to unleash Hell a little earlier than usual.

    Im still optimistic about this season, but being realistic, not having a preseason is going to be a bigger challenge for us than most others given our slow starts and the fact our QB is coming back from a major injury so we have to know this will slow down the development of this team.

    My hope is we’re hot by the end of the season and everyone has overlooked us at that point and we sneak away with a Lombardi by year end.
    I think this could be true given out past.

    I also think our D should benefit from returning everyone but Hargrave.

    I think the O will take some time to get into the groove.

    If the D is still stellar, I think they can carry an average O (after dragging a bad one around all of last year).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    this /\/\/\/\
    I agree we should split carries.

    But that's generally not what we do.

    Pick up Snell if he's around on your waiver wire IMO (I got him very late in both my drafts)
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    how about an offense that attacks their weaknesses and plays into our strengths instead of forcing one way or another.
    exactly...

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I'm gonna already say, a preemptive strike, if you will: If Pgh loses this one, I will go on an anti-Tomlin rant for a while. There is no way they should lose this one, especially since there is virtually no home-field advantage. If they come out flat and unfocused, it is on the head coach, period. I could give a flying F if he gives semi-eloquent speeches on race or whatever; this team better be prepared, period.
    plenty of reasons they could lose this game;
    1) new offense for the Giants, with unknown scheme
    2) Barkley and Engram are studs
    3) new faces on the Steelers OL
    4) Roethlisberger a year out of the game
    5) very young WR corp
    6) no preseason

    etc

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •