User Info Menu

Josh Dobbs and Sean Davis

both back with the club

Legend

User Info Menu

Schefter: Steelers Sign S Sean Davis

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on September 6, 2020

The Pittsburgh Steelers are bringing in some familiar faces to boost the depth of their roster. In addition to QB Josh Dobbs, the team is signing safety Sean Davis, per ESPNís Adam Schefter through Drew Rosenhaus.

Davis was allowed to hit free agency after the 2019 season. He missed most of last year with a torn labrum. Davis signed a deal with Washington, his hometown, but was released yesterday. Now, heíll bolster the safety depth in Pittsburgh behind Minkah Fitzpatrick and Terrell Edmunds.

A 2nd round pick in 2016, Davis previously played 48 games, 41 starts, for Pittsburgh from í16-í19. He recorded 247 tackles and picked off five passes.

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/09/sc...-s-sean-davis/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw the Dobbs signing a mile away. Surprised by the Davis signing though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sooo.. you bring Dobbs back while Josh Rosen signs on to the Bucs practice squad? Colbert really faithful to guys he initially drafted.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Sooo.. you bring Dobbs back while Josh Rosen signs on to the Bucs practice squad? Colbert really faithful to guys he initially drafted.
    I did not think that they would sniff around Rosen at all. Commitment questions coming out of college, released by two teams in two years. Concerns about questionable character and rumors that teammates hated him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I did not think that they would sniff around Rosen at all. Commitment questions coming out of college, released by two teams in two years. Concerns about questionable character and rumors that teammates hated him.
    Guess you’ve got a point; but I sure don’t see Dobbs being brought back as any improvement either. Duck was also released from the 53 man roster.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 09-06-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Haven’t been around in a long while, but I don’t like either signing. My thought is there was something about them you were done with, so you let them walk or trade. Now somebody else doesn’t want them so bring them back, it reminds of when somebody eats something that’s not good and they want everyone else to try it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Both those players were probably better than the guys they replaced. Adds some depth to the team. They know the system, the Steelers know them, young with room to grown, and both probably came "cheap" in terms of NFL salaries. Not bad one year options to add depth at this stage of the NFL process.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    Havenít been around in a long while, but I donít like either signing. My thought is there was something about them you were done with, so you let them walk or trade. Now somebody else doesnít want them so bring them back, it reminds of when somebody eats something thatís not good and they want everyone else to try it.

James Harrison and Willie Gay worked out second time around.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    "Faithful" or still in ego protection mode, always trying to prove he wasn't wrong? If there is room for these 2 players on the roster, what does it say about the roster? Jags are going with a 6th-round rookie QB over Dobbs. He basically can't throw and has no upside left. Davis can't cover me. Hopefully, we never need either of these guys, because if we do...F-ing A.