Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Steelers bringing in longtime Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt for tryout

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Colquitt is a punting technician. Berry can be a strong leg.

    Technically sound and special teams work well together IMO.

    I'll take the honest All-Pro's word for it on this one, because he certainly understands the world of punting better than I do.

    Last edited by D Rock; 09-12-2020 at 05:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Colquitt is a punting technician. Berry can be a strong leg.

    Technically sound and special teams work well together IMO.

    I'll take the honest All-Pro's word for it on this one, because he certainly understands the world of punting better than I do.

    Nice clip, thanks D Rock. Now I am a bit stoked about this move.

    No more shanks at the worst moment!!

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Colquitt is more consistent, less apt to drop or shank a punt in a critical spot. However, he's 38 years old.

    Steelers will be looking for another punter sooner rather than later.
    word is the P on the practice squad can boom the ball

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    word is the P on the practice squad can boom the ball
    Corliss Waltman, I wouldn't be surprised if he was our punter next season.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Corliss Waltman, I wouldn't be surprised if he was our punter next season.
    By next season we could be worried about replacing our franchise QB, the largest possible, most-impacting problem. And, if by some miracle we are not, we still have to worry about losing TWO OTs, an OLB, depth at CB (Hilton), an aging C, a starting WR (Ju), our starting RB (either in house or not, still will need to add one), maybe an ILB (don't know if VW will be capable enough or not), and, while we're at it, depth at OG. Oh, and perhaps a NT.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    By next season we could be worried about replacing our franchise QB, the largest possible, most-impacting problem. And, if by some miracle we are not, we still have to worry about losing TWO OTs, an OLB, depth at CB (Hilton), an aging C, a starting WR (Ju), our starting RB (either in house or not, still will need to add one), maybe an ILB (don't know if VW will be capable enough or not), and, while we're at it, depth at OG. Oh, and perhaps a NT.
    No worries. You are forgetting
    that most teams will be dealing with cap problems next season.
    There should be at least a few good out of work vets looking for a new home.

  7. #27
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    By next season we could be worried about replacing our franchise QB, the largest possible, most-impacting problem. And, if by some miracle we are not, we still have to worry about losing TWO OTs, an OLB, depth at CB (Hilton), an aging C, a starting WR (Ju), our starting RB (either in house or not, still will need to add one), maybe an ILB (don't know if VW will be capable enough or not), and, while we're at it, depth at OG. Oh, and perhaps a NT.
    An aging Ben on the books for a 41M cap hit next season is an albatross. Cutting him and saving 19M can go a long way towards keeping a strong team together to prepare for the post-Ben era. Pouncey can be cut to save 8M, Vance 5.2M, and VW 4M

    That's 36.2M in savings. Every penny of it is going to be needed.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Corliss Waltman, I wouldn't be surprised if he was our punter next season.
    Colquitt should be a great teacher for a year

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No worries. You are forgetting
    that most teams will be dealing with cap problems next season.
    There should be at least a few good out of work vets looking for a new home.
    I think this is our last very good shot at a title with Ben.

    I wouldn't trade it away, but there will be teams with cap space next year that make out like bandits.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Colquitt didn't look that good today, only a 36 yard net punting average.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •