Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Leonard Fournette

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Leonard Fournette

    Released by Jags today.

    Do you want him?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    No. Good numbers, lots of baggage.

    And we have no space under the cap.
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 08-31-2020 at 09:32 AM.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Released by Jags today.

    Do you want him?
    As far as the optics are concerned, he looks like the big RB's we had in the 90's. So I see the attraction. But there's too much other stuff that goes along with him. Plus our money is committed to other areas of this team. The Bears are a team in need of a RB..that's probably where he ends up.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Go ahead and sign him. It's not my money

    J/K - But man could this guy create problems matching up against our O. Claypool will pull 2 guys. Juju, Ebron, DJ, and Washington are all tough 1 on 1 matchups. Running out of 3 WR sets would leave any RB with 6 guys in the box. The entire defense would be looking to cheat on play action and Ben could light it up.

    I think Conner's just as big a threat. But lets bring in another beast because you know he'll eventually be hurt. So will Fournette.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Leonard Fournette's next NFL team? Patriots, Buccaneers could be sensible fits for ex-Jaguars RB

    Nate Davis, USA TODAY
    Aug. 31, 2020

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nfl-topstories

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Leonard Fournette's next NFL team? Patriots, Buccaneers could be sensible fits for ex-Jaguars RB

    Nate Davis, USA TODAY
    Aug. 31, 2020

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nfl-topstories
    So either Belichick or Brady are the top contender to get him?

    I'd sure like to see BOTH of those cheaters be LOSERS this year.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    As far as the optics are concerned, he looks like the big RB's we had in the 90's. So I see the attraction. But there's too much other stuff that goes along with him. Plus our money is committed to other areas of this team. The Bears are a team in need of a RB..that's probably where he ends up.
    Pats and Iggles could use him. Why do you think Jags dumped him for nothing? They got rid of every single 'tude problem on the team, and 4net was one of them. He doesn't fit in Pgh, no way.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Go ahead and sign him. It's not my money

    J/K - But man could this guy create problems matching up against our O. Claypool will pull 2 guys. Juju, Ebron, DJ, and Washington are all tough 1 on 1 matchups. Running out of 3 WR sets would leave any RB with 6 guys in the box. The entire defense would be looking to cheat on play action and Ben could light it up.

    I think Conner's just as big a threat. But lets bring in another beast because you know he'll eventually be hurt. So will Fournette.
    Snell and Old McFarland could fill RB need very nicely. Who needs a headcase, injury prone douchebag on the team?

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    a headcase, injury prone douchebag?
    That's pretty much the entire NFL. Every team has them. Few get to elite douchebag level of AB, but every team has them.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    That's pretty much the entire NFL. Every team has them. Few get to elite douchebag level of AB, but every team has them.
    And 4net was enough of one that Jags dumped him getting zero compensation, because no other team thought he was worth giving anything up for. That might be some kind of record - a top 4 pick overall who by his 4th season, no one would even give a 7th rounder for. Maybe Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell were as bad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •