Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steeler best/worst media/resources

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by headalettuce View Post
    I enjoyed this site for years. Was with the trib and came here as soon as it shut down. Unfortunately the constant pssing matches drove me away for so long I forgot my login information. oh well.
    I keep hearing this.

Legend

User Info Menu

This site (and the Trib site) used to be great for news. There were many posters who seemed to scour the net to find all types of news and articles on the Steelers. By coming it was like you had access to all news without having to look elsewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Hope your joking, if not...

Really dude? Looks like he is right!

Why do you guys have to ruin this site!
    I am just such a supportive, lovable, agreeable guy I do what I need to demonstrate how right OV is.

You “hope” I was joking? Really?

Do you really not know why we have these-

Just so you know I appreciate the contributions OV makes, and do not think he is a loser. He is a very knowledgeable and brings great insight.

Occasionally he is even correct.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-28-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I enjoyed this site for years. Was with the trib and came here as soon as it shut down. Unfortunately the constant pssing matches drove me away for so long I forgot my login information. oh well.
    What was your old handle?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Lololololololololol
    Nice to know SOMEBODY got the joke.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I listen to the Terrible Podcast, but don't read the Depot. At first I tried pretty hard to find another podcast because Dave's voice grated on me a bit. But I generally like the detail they have, the info they bring, and the banter between Dave and Alex (although I miss other Dave to give a different take).

This is usually the best time of year for their podcast because Alex does an awesome job during camp. Stupid virus.

Other than that, I rely on the loveable riff raff around here to aggregate Steelers news. I like getting info and talking about it with people rather than from MSM.

As with the Terrible Podcast, I'm missing the awesome camp posts we get on this site...
    If you like podcasts, you should try SNR- Steeler Nation Radio. It is the flagship Steeler Radio Station from steelers.com

Highly recommended on game days! (2hours before game, game broadcast with knowledge of the Steelers, and 2 hours post game.)

If you like camp summary they have one, 2 hours with Dale Lolley, Mike Priscuto, and Matt Williamson.

For great Steelers insight and around the league news I suggest the program "the Drive".

And for steeler insider ( stories, info of steeler on goings), "Tunch and Wolf "

As you can tell I can't get enough of SNR.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Tribune was cool. HHH and Mr. Smartmonies always brought their own unique spin on things.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    If you like podcasts, you should try SNR- Steeler Nation Radio. It is the flagship Steeler Radio Station from steelers.com

Highly recommended on game days! (2hours before game, game broadcast with knowledge of the Steelers, and 2 hours post game.)

If you like camp summary they have one, 2 hours with Dale Lolley, Mike Priscuto, and Matt Williamson.

For great Steelers insight and around the league news I suggest the program "the Drive".

And for steeler insider ( stories, info of steeler on goings), "Tunch and Wolf "

As you can tell I can't get enough of SNR.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

I liked reading Lolley way back when he had a blog and wasn't behind a pay wall.

I listened to one or two of their camp reports and was kind of disappointed. Not really anything to do with them, but it just sucks because they get to watch but can't tell us what they see. So it was mostly the same info as the Terrible Podcast (which I'm pretty fond of by now).

I'll probably swing back to check them out again once the season starts and there's more that they're allowed to talk about. With such little info in a private camp, I think I'm good with one podcast for now.

I also listened to Locked On Steelers for a bit. It was good when it had 2 hosts (a good combo of a straight man and a **** disturber). Then it went to just one host and I don't think that works well for sports podcasts. Not sure if it's still just one guy or if it changed again.