Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steeler best/worst media/resources

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steeler best/worst media/resources

Living away from the Burgh, ( Greece here) I depend on steeler media/resources for my steelers fix!

I usually through out the day read various sites: ( DK, Depot, Curtain, Gazette, Post, Wire, Blitz, SNR ( steeler nation radio ) and of course Planet Steelers.

But this year I have started to become critical on these writers and sites.
    Some are sooo clueless, the worst poster on here has more input and thought than some of these paid pros.
    One site, that has a forum section, actually took a post of mine and practically word for word and made an article for their site. ( BOOZOS! I deleted that site !) When I made a comment about that in the forums I was labeled a troll!

Anyways...

By far the best sites for me:

Planet steeler forums ONLY WHEN it is active with well known posters, some who have stopped ( they are missed). But I can't get enough of this site.
    SNR- best podcasts love all the characters there...Tunch, Wolf, Mike Prisuto, Dale Lolley, Matt Williams , Wes, Adams, Dulac, and Bob Labriola ... It is the best of the best Steeler beat writers. Great game day!
    Depot, and curtain are highly recommend, but some say they steal there stuff ( recycle articles)

But best is a paid subscription to DK... no regrets paying worth it.

One Steeler internet writer who I give props to is jeff Heartman ( spelling ), he jumps from site to site, and some dude who goes by "the hammer" mostly draft stuff.

The worst by far is :
    steeler wire, ( I still galnce at it)

24-7 sucks especially since you pay 1 article a day! but never tried it during the season, but don't see value)

the one that copied my post won't name because it is a forum based site. ( really bad)

And oddly the Post and Gazette has gone down hill... I guess they need us in the forums to get information and thoughts.

What are your thoughts... any site that I am missing or too critical of?

( I hope I am allowed to write this, if not sorry, just thought it would be a great info for us Steeler fans)
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

The Planet is a great forum when the children don't get into pissing and name calling contests

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I originally signed up with the Trib way back in 2007 (my God has it been that long) because I was constantly searching for news on the next Steeler head coach (my God has it been that long ?) Then made my way over here when the Trib forum went teets up. I think back then forums were the best place to go as far as a one stop news shop. Things have changed, but I don't do twitter or anything like that, so this is still one of the best places I come for news, and sometimes entertainment.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The Planet is a great forum when the children don't get into pissing and name calling contests
    I’d expect nothing less than such uninformed commentary from a loser like you OV.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I used to get Steelers' Digest (in the mail) back before the Internet got so big, and it was and is a piece of crap. It's all bunnies and rainbows, with no honesty. They have more content on Steelers' banquets than football articles. Terrible. Plus it would arrive late, covering upcoming games that were already played.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I’d expect nothing less than such uninformed commentary from a loser like you OV.

Hope your joking, if not...

Really dude? Looks like he is right!

Why do you guys have to ruin this site!
    Last edited by steeler_george; 08-28-2020 at 07:08 AM.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I originally signed up with the Trib way back in 2007 (my God has it been that long) because I was constantly searching for news on the next Steeler head coach (my God has it been that long ?) Then made my way over here when the Trib forum went teets up. I think back then forums were the best place to go as far as a one stop news shop. Things have changed, but I don't do twitter or anything like that, so this is still one of the best places I come for news, and sometimes entertainment.

Same here, maybe even before...

My first exposure to forums.

Loved that forum and good thing plenty from there moved here!

Legend

User Info Menu

I listen to the Terrible Podcast, but don't read the Depot. At first I tried pretty hard to find another podcast because Dave's voice grated on me a bit. But I generally like the detail they have, the info they bring, and the banter between Dave and Alex (although I miss other Dave to give a different take).

This is usually the best time of year for their podcast because Alex does an awesome job during camp. Stupid virus.

Other than that, I rely on the loveable riff raff around here to aggregate Steelers news. I like getting info and talking about it with people rather than from MSM.

As with the Terrible Podcast, I'm missing the awesome camp posts we get on this site...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I enjoyed this site for years. Was with the trib and came here as soon as it shut down. Unfortunately the constant pssing matches drove me away for so long I forgot my login information. oh well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Iíd expect nothing less than such uninformed commentary from a loser like you OV.
    Lololololololololol