Thread: Cowherd: "Steelers like a man aging badly."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cowherd: "Steelers like a man aging badly."

Colin says the Steelers are like a dude who is aging badly, with a beer gut and a combover.

Is he right? I feel he is dead wrong IF Ben plays most of the season. The only (and some are big ones, granted) are at QB, some of the OL and one CB. Sure, Ben is 38 and never played the style of Brady or Brees (hence his body is older). We all know we are done contending with Ben out until we find our next franchise QB. True. And on the OL, Pouncey is long in the tooth, but we also have youth (but is it quality youth?) DE/DT Hayward is 31 and may not be resigned. And Haden is up there. But, who else?

Our WRs are very young and promising. RBs are young (but Conner is brittle regardless). Still, youth previles there. LBs are young. DBs are relatively young sans Haden. TEs not old.

Face it, Colin is the king of attempted controversy - it determines his pay. So he is full of click-bait, ratings attention. No mystery there. But that doesn't mean everything he says is wrong. But I think he is on this one. Of course, if Ben goes down, he will appear right if they go 8-8 or worse. But I am not buying the Steelers are "aging badly."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe Cowherd is the one who's not aging so well

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Maybe Cowherd is the one who's not aging so well
    He's extra "lecturey" these days. He's lucky he has Joy for ratings.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This guy is a dweeb...

But he does have a point, the whole season relies on Ben and Heyward. ( aging players really don't fare well in the NFL)

This past year, for some reason, I been paying close attention to sport writers and sites. ( mostly Steeler stuff)

And I came to realize that I been wasting so much time reading and listening to people that have lesser knowledge than the worst poster on here. They just write and spell better!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."