Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monday Night Football Executive 2020

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    For the record it brings me more joy that someone understands this game (MNF Exec) than it does that someone "suffers" from understanding this game.

Bad Beat my friend -- but you didn't end up in the Goose Egg Lounge....like some of us.
    I kinda think this is a case where the scoring system doesn't do the games full justice.

If a team attempts a FG in the final seconds, there's a bonus added to the game. But if a team attempts to score a TD in the final seconds to win the game, no points.

I always thought the point of the game was to try and place a value on how engaging a game was and how many people stuck with the game til the end. I'd say the NE / Seattle game came down to the wire and no one that was watching lost interest until the final play. IMHO, that's worth points. More points in fact than a team that gets a kickoff, makes 3 plays to get into FG position at the end of a game to kick a game winning FG.

Not that I'm biased because I picked that game too

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m with Flippy. That last play was worth at least 50 points.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I kinda think this is a case where the scoring system doesn't do the games full justice.

If a team attempts a FG in the final seconds, there's a bonus added to the game. But if a team attempts to score a TD in the final seconds to win the game, no points.

I always thought the point of the game was to try and place a value on how engaging a game was and how many people stuck with the game til the end. I'd say the NE / Seattle game came down to the wire and no one that was watching lost interest until the final play. IMHO, that's worth points. More points in fact than a team that gets a kickoff, makes 3 plays to get into FG position at the end of a game to kick a game winning FG.

Not that I'm biased because I picked that game too
    nope! (says the guy who suggested a rule change last year because a rook came in and lead a comeback - even though he didn't *start* that game)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Week 2

ESPN - 85
    Starlifter - 75
    NBC - 70
    Jooser - 65
    Passhappy - 50
    Flippy - 50
    Fordfixer - 45
    SteelersofDeville - 40
    BlOOze - 40
    Whatever - 40
    Buzz - 40
    PFelix73 - 35
    Lonbull - 30
    SteelerfaninTO - 15
    MeetJoeGreene - 10
    Papillion - 5
    Ghost - 5

Three (not so quiet) Execs took the top spot this week with the Patriots v. Seahawks game earning a well fought for 45 points - although Flippy and Starlifter clamored for more - due to a great goal line stand by Seattle.....or a failed scoring attempt by the Patriots, depends on how you look at it.

**However to address their question - they make a good point about how exciting this game's finish was and I promise I will reconsider scoring this kind of game in the off-season. Until then enjoy your top score my friends.

As we look at the top of the Board - Starlifter, the 2014 MNF Exec. Champion is off to a very strong start.....however the 2019 (and current reigning) Champion isn't far behind -- (Average no-mo) Jooser enjoyed a 40 point Broncos v. Steelers game all to himself -- he owes quite a few of his points to Claypool picking up a beautiful touchdown pass (his first) from Ben Roethlisberger!!!

On the opposite end of the spectrum your good friend Lonbull (yours truly) was buying drinks at the Goose Egg Lounge and his good friends Papillion and Ghost stopped by for some Tequila shots.....and then our bartender drank all the tequila...and changed me.

Looking ahead Ghost will look to rebound with Jooser in the Cowboys v. Seattle game -- and Starlifter and NBC will look to take over the top spots --- but it won't be easy, as ESPN has a great game on tap.

Here's a look at Week 3 - your leader is in RED

Week 3

Chiefs at Ravens – ESPN, Buzz, Flippy, SteelerfaninTO, Whatever
    Packers at Saints – NBC, Starlifter, Papillion
    Rams v. Bills – Passhappy
    Raiders v. Patriots – MeetJoeGreene, Fordfixer
    Lions v. Cardinals – Lonbull
    Texans v. Steelers – SteelerofDeville
    Bears v. Falcons – BlOOze
    Cowboys v. Seahawks – Ghost, Jooser
    Dolphins v. Jaguars – Pfelix73
    Last edited by Lonbull; 09-25-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    nope! (says the guy who suggested a rule change last year because a rook came in and lead a comeback - even though he didn't *start* that game)
    I think that was two years ago -- and you STILL ended up getting the points for Baker Mayfield.

However - this rule I feel comfortable changing now and I have thought about and rewritten.

I’m giving 20 additional points if you select THE game which features these Quarterbacks WINNING their 1st game – provided the following:

The Rookie QB STARTS the game (OR enters a game where his team is either TIED or Trailing).
    Also the Rookie QB must play one full quarter.
    And The Rookie QB is a part of the LAST Scoring drive for his team.

L.B.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think that was two years ago -- and you STILL ended up getting the points for Baker Mayfield.

However - this rule I feel comfortable changing now and I have thought about and rewritten.

I’m giving 20 additional points if you select THE game which features these Quarterbacks WINNING their 1st game – provided the following:

The Rookie QB STARTS the game (OR enters a game where his team is either TIED or Trailing).

L.B.
    Dude, that’s intricate. I appreciate the effort but how much time do you want to spend scoring these games?

Or as Shatner said.......GET A LIFE!!....
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Dude, that’s intricate. I appreciate the effort but how much time do you want to spend scoring these games?

Or as Shatner said.......GET A LIFE!!....
    I'll figure out a way to make it simpler -- but I do/did appreciate the input....(heck I just appreciate that you guys put yourselves through this agony called MNF Exec.).

That being said -- Ghost has already pointed out two errors I've made in scoring.....and that's over only Two Weeks....so, I'm striving to keep it simple but allow for some of the more fun things that add to the excitement of a game.

And this is my face when I can't figure out how to change a rule AND keep it simple....(speaking of Shatner).

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

L.B.
    Wait, i wasn't complaining! I know ya gave 'em to me!

I was just sharing with them that I'd made a similar plea, so i wasn't gonna judge.

DeVille's final Mock

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Wait, i wasn't complaining! I know ya gave 'em to me!

I was just sharing with them that I'd made a similar plea, so i wasn't gonna judge.
    Didn't see as complaining my friend - just saw it as a great recommendation.

L.B.

Legend

User Info Menu

Didn't see as complaining my friend - just saw it as a great recommendation.

L.B.
    Thank you! And love the game - even though I appear to be struggling this year...

DeVille's final Mock