Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: AFCN News

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    AFCN News

    Browns - starting ILB Mack Wilson could miss early part of season with knee injury; https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ury/113353840/

    Bengals - Trae Waynes, starting CB - surgery for torn pec, could miss large part of season; DT R Wren out with quadricep injury , could miss multiple weeks; https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...return-unknown

    Ravens - will bring in Dez Bryant for a workout this weekend...https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ek/ar-BB184OAc

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Browns - starting ILB Mack Wilson could miss early part of season with knee injury
    And it was Mack Wilson who put the hit on Nick Chubb that sent him into concussion protocol. I wouldn't even know who Wilson is if it wasn't for all those hyping him as a Steeler pick in the draft. Despite the cost, glad we moved up to grab Bush. We have the double whammy of having the better player, and not having someone who takes out our starting skill players.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    And it was Mack Wilson who put the hit on Nick Chubb that sent him into concussion protocol. I wouldn't even know who Wilson is if it wasn't for all those hyping him as a Steeler pick in the draft. Despite the cost, glad we moved up to grab Bush. We have the double whammy of having the better player, and not having someone who takes out our starting skill players.
    This is true sfinto. Wilson was characterized as a thumper and some thought he was the better pick because of this.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Earl Thomas wearing out his welcome with the Ravens. The fact that team leaders are pushing for his release is pretty huge;

    Jason La Canfora

    @JasonLaCanfora

    The @Ravens situation with Earl Thomas could come to a head today. Sources said the team's Leadership Council made it clear to decision makers they would prefer Thomas not be around. Cap hit could be issue but "conduct detrimental" clause provides potential avenue for relief
    I get vibes that BAL just might implode this season.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 08-23-2020 at 08:44 AM.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Earl Thomas wearing out his welcome with the Ravens. The fact that team leaders are pushing for his release is pretty huge;



    I get vibes that BAL just might implode this season.
    I told you months ago that Lamar isn't going to be all that this coming season; defensive secondary taking a hit with Thomas gone...Steelers are gonna win the division with an 10-6 or 11-5 record.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I told you months ago that Lamar isn't going to be all that this coming season
    Lamar is only 23 years old, he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu


  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I told you months ago that Lamar isn't going to be all that this coming season; defensive secondary taking a hit with Thomas gone...Steelers are gonna win the division with an 10-6 or 11-5 record.
    I like your optimism, but the 14-2 Ravens are actually much improved over last season's team. No, we don't know how the cookie will crumble, but odds are, Balt. is the team to beat in 2020. The Ravens added great players in the draft (Queen, Dobbins, Madubuike, Duvernay) and added free agents like Campbell, who is a beast. The booting of Thomas may bring them closer together.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I like your optimism, but the 14-2 Ravens are actually much improved over last season's team. No, we don't know how the cookie will crumble, but odds are, Balt. is the team to beat in 2020. The Ravens added great players in the draft (Queen, Dobbins, Madubuike, Duvernay) and added free agents like Campbell, who is a beast. The booting of Thomas may bring them closer together.
    Their secondary can't be "better" losing Thomas. And only one runningback can carry the ball at a time so weather it's Dobbins or Ingram, we just need to be stout against the run. We know how to handle Jackson. As a matter of fact, we as well as the Browns handle him pretty well. I've already gone on record that the entire league has an entire season's worth of film on him now and the league will make the appropriate adjustment on him just like they did all the running QB's before him. Plus..the amount that he runs will lead him to get hurt soon. So I'm not overly concerned about him. The Ravens front 7 looks to be really stout and I do see that as a strong point for them this season.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 08-24-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We know how to handle Jackson. As a matter of fact, we as well as the Browns handle him pretty well. I've already gone on record that the entire league has an entire season's worth of film on him now and the league will make the appropriate adjustment on him just like they did all the running QB's before him. Plus..the amount that he runs will lead him to get hurt soon. So I'm not overly concerned about him.
    you said the same exact thing about Lamar before the start of last season.

    how did he do by the way?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •