Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: AFCN News

Legend

User Info Menu

Knew the Browns have been dismal but didn't realize how dismal .... Last winning record was 6 years ago!

After beating Washington, they are getting pumped again:

“Cleveland had gone 90 consecutive weeks without a winning record, which was by far the longest active streak in the NFL. The Browns were last above .500 going into Week 15 of the 2014 season, when they were 7-6, then lost their final three games.”

Things are finally changing with the Browns and before raining on our parade with the “they beat Washington” stuff, remember that they didn’t always beat the teams they were supposed to. This is a time to celebrate in the Dawg Pound.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers are in first place in the AFC North with a chance to go to 4-0 for the first time since 1979

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers are in first place in the AFC North with a chance to go to 4-0 for the first time since 1979
    So, of course, they'll promptly lose to the Tits.

Pappy

Ben: What do you want to do if we win the toss?
    Tomlin: Take the ball
    Ben: Are you sure? They have an all world defense.
    Tomlin: I have you

1.20 - Jordan Davis, NT, UGA or Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
    2.52 - Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
    4.comp

Legend

User Info Menu

Bye weeks suck... so let's look at the other matchups;

BAL @ WAS: it's unanimous, 189 analysts pick BAL as the winner and I agree. They pretty much just need to show up for this away game for the win.

CLE @ DAL: probably the most interesting game in the division; I'll be curious to see how DAL defends CLE run game. CLE has some gaudy stats but the defenses they've played are meh.. only 1 analyst out of 189 have picked CLE to win

JAC @ CIN: meh... CIN was in a recent article on 'teams that should already be looking to the 2021 draft'; Burrow is going to be lucky to make it through the season intact, sacked 14 times in first 3 gms. Most analysts are going with a CIN win.

Really, the entire weekend schedule looks like haves against have nots...guess I'll have to get back to painting the house...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Bye weeks suck... so let's look at the other matchups;

BAL @ WAS: it's unanimous, 189 analysts pick BAL as the winner and I agree. They pretty much just need to show up for this away game for the win.

CLE @ DAL: probably the most interesting game in the division; I'll be curious to see how DAL defends CLE run game. CLE has some gaudy stats but the defenses they've played are meh.. only 1 analyst out of 189 have picked CLE to win

JAC @ CIN: meh... CIN was in a recent article on 'teams that should already be looking to the 2021 draft'; Burrow is going to be lucky to make it through the season intact, sacked 14 times in first 3 gms. Most analysts are going with a CIN win.

Really, the entire weekend schedule looks like haves against have nots...guess I'll have to get back to painting the house...
    So I'm stuck rooting for Washington this week?

That's probably not going to work out well.

Although I read somewhere that it's super easy to shut down last year's MVP, so maybe I don't feel so bad about picking "they who shall not be named".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    So I'm stuck rooting for Washington this week?

That's probably not going to work out well.

Although I read somewhere that it's super easy to shut down last year's MVP, so maybe I don't feel so bad about picking "they who shall not be named".
    yup, now that last year's NFL MVP has been exposed this should be a cakewalk for the WFT.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Knew the Browns have been dismal but didn't realize how dismal .... Last winning record was 6 years ago!

After beating Washington, they are getting pumped again:
    Worse yet, how many winning seasons did they have before 2007 (not 2006)? Since their re-installment in 1999, they have had a TOTAL of 2 winning seasons. Think about that. Now add in that they also had seasons of 0-16, 1-15, 3-13, 2-14 in that span. Just imagine what we'd be like if we had ONE season as bad as those and only 2 winning seasons in 20 freakin' years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yup, now that last year's NFL MVP has been exposed this should be a cakewalk for the WFT.
    Ravens will win by 20.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That's way low (only 1?) I too am taking Dallas but not with tons of confidence. On paper, this looks even. Cleveland can pound the ball with Chubb and Hunt, Dallas can't stop the rush. Browns also got some key people back this week. But in Dallas, Dak is usually good. The current line is Dallas -5.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Ravens will win by 20.
    yeah, they run it up on an inferior after being lit up by the chiefs.

thats what got buckwheat his MVP last year