Thread: DAy 2camp

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

DAy 2camp

Just heard on NFL network

Sad news, Dotsun hurt, looks serious knee injury.
    That tight end Rex(?) ankle injury ...

Hopefully we get more good news...

Check out SNR guys...
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Rookie Kevin Dotson Suffers Knee Injury

August 18, 2020
    By Alan Saunders

The Steelers suffered a pair of injuries in the team’s second padded practice of 2020 training camp on Tuesday, with one of them potentially being significant to the team’s offensive line depth.

Head coach Mike Tomlin said after practice that rookie guard Kevin Dotson needed helped off the field with a knee injury. Tomlin said that Dotson was still being evaluated after practice and did not have a further update on his status.

Tomlin said that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was among the players that helped Dotson off the field, and praised Roethlisberger’s leadership for coming to the aid of his much younger teammate.

“He’s been there,” Tomlin said. “He’s been down on the field before. He knows the fear associated with that.”

Dotson, the team’s fourth-round draft pick out of Louisiana, figured to provide interior offensive line depth along with free agent signee Stefen Wisniewski for the team this season. The Steelers’ other options at guard behind starters David DeCastro and Matt Feiler include second-year former seventh-round pick Derwin Gray and former XFL guard/tackle Jarron Jones.

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-kev...s-knee-injury/

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

bit late in spreading what i heard...

Mcfarland keeps finding day light...

Gilbert is proving that all the "talk up" about him was right on paar.... had a pick (Whyte) and pass defended on Samuels.

AV out vet day i think

Banner-Feiler-pouncey-Wies-Okaford

Banner was in heated discussion with Watt!
    “I’m so tired of Le’Veon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "I’m so tired of it. Let’s just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love Le’Veon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. They’re the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for the SNR tip. Probably the best option for news now, but it's frustrating that there seems to be a bunch they know but aren't allowed to talk about.

I think it sucks that we don't get Alex K's daily practice reports from the Depot this year ��

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    bit late in spreading what i heard...

Mcfarland keeps finding day light...

Gilbert is proving that all the "talk up" about him was right on paar.... had a pick (Whyte) and pass defended on Samuels.

AV out vet day i think

Banner-Feiler-pouncey-Wies-Okaford

Banner was in heated discussion with Watt!
    McFarland is going to be finding a lot of daylight for the Steelers. I suspect him and Clay will be the camp darlings.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dotson injury per MT was what he believed to be short term according to what I understood. I'll reach out to Alex and see what info he has on this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some camp tweets:

Aditi Kinkhabwala
    @AKinkhabwala
    Two days in on #Steelers:
    1) I don’t care how much money it takes, lock up TJ Watt
    2) We need to stop talking about Ben Roethlisberger’s weight
    3) People who love defense are going to LOVE this defense
    4) Remember the Young Money Crew? This group will rival it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Dotson injury per MT was what he believed to be short term according to what I understood. I'll reach out to Alex and see what info he has on this.
    Feared serious, knee injury to Steelers rookie Kevin Dotson is not significant

CHRIS ADAMSKI | Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Mike Tomlin opened his post-practice virtual news conference by saying, “No news is good news on the injury front.”

But then, the Pittsburgh Steelers coach immediately offered some news on the injury front. And that news was good.

The injury suffered by rookie offensive lineman Kevin Dotson on Tuesday is not serious. Some feared the worst after Dotson went down during practice and needed assistance getting off the Heinz Field turf.

Tomlin also had a positive report regarding first-year tight end Dax Raymond (ankle), also injured Tuesday.

“Kevin Dotson and Dax Raymond appear to be more short term-related injuries,” Tomlin said. “Nothing of any significant, long-term concerns.”

A fourth-round pick out of Louisiana, Dotson is competing for a spot as a backup on the interior of the offensive line and is considered a candidate to start at guard in the future. Franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was among those who helped Dotson off the field Tuesday.

Dotson was spotted watching Wednesday’s practice in his jersey and without any sort wrap or brace on either knee.

Wednesday’s practice — the first in which players were not in full pads this week — also included participation “in a limited capacity” (per Tomlin) from wide receiver James Washington and defensive lineman Chris Wormley. Washington (undisclosed) and Wormley (lower-body injury) have not practiced at all this week because of what Tomlin has said are “minor ailments.”

“They’re working their way back,” Tomlin said.

https://triblive.com/sports/feared-s...s-not-serious/