Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pats have 7th opt out for the season

Starter

User Info Menu

Pats have 7th opt out for the season

Pats (former Jag) WR Lee has opted out for the season. I'm having a tough time not thinking Hoodie is behind all these opt outs. Others teams have either zero or 1 opt outs, why are the Pats so heavily slanted with this? But I have to admit, missing Lee was probably going to happen regardless, as he always seemed injured in Jax. The guy has talent but availability is the best ability. He said he is opting out because his girl just had a baby. I don't think kids even end up with it for the vast majority.

So 7 players - some significant - are done for the Pats. If Hoodie thought they had a real shot at a ring, this wouldn't be happening. They want that QB Lawrence, from Clemson.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The whole division should tank together. Race to the bottom!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    The whole division should tank together. Race to the bottom!
    The Bills and Fins might not agree. Both may be in a playoff hunt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Patriots' TE Matt LaCrosse taps out. Belicheat in full tank mode for 2020.

Legend

User Info Menu

was this thread really necessary?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    It was vital. Paramount.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone else see this as a scheme by the evil genius Belichek to "mail in" the season and get a top draft pick to get Brady's replacement????

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Is any thread really necessary? Until we get to the season, it's something to discuss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Patriots' TE Matt LaCrosse taps out. Belicheat in full tank mode for 2020.
    With so much to prove after TB left, I don't think he's tanking it. It's just the upside down times we are living in now.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I saw an article that had speculation that hoodie was tanking but they didn't know why. Top 3 reasons IMO

1) Secure high draft pick - I don't know if they can finish last but they can try

2) Secure cap money for 2021 - I know that when the Steelers had cap money assigned to Bell and he sat out, it was added to the cap the following year. Will it work the same way here? Did BB figure out how to sacrifice a year and get paid for next year?

3) Protect his ego - People have been asking for years who is more responsible for the team's success, Brady or Belichik? Now he can opt out of the 2020 competition. If TB tanks in TB, then it was obviously all Bill. If he succeeds and the Pats tank then the BB defenders can tell you that he can't be judged by this team. If the Pats do well with this team then he must be the genius.