Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layne out with covid

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Against the law? Teams have been disclosing positive players in every other sport. This is the sports not some private company.
    My understanding in the NHL is that players are designated "unavailable" for both injuries and positive tests.

It does seem reasonable that they could disclose if players waive rights.

But I think they might get around this too. Some text from the link I posted below in yellow.

Maybe they get around the issue since being on the list means you were positive or in contact with someone who was positive and the team can't say which one?

This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    My understanding in the NHL is that players are designated "unavailable" for both injuries and positive tests.

It does seem reasonable that they could disclose if players waive rights.

But I think they might get around this too. Some text from the link I posted below in yellow.

Maybe they get around the issue since being on the list means you were positive or in contact with someone who was positive and the team can't say which one?

This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons. If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.
    So this is either voluntary admission or reporters are leaking information?

College players don’t get their info revealed but it seems like any professional player is fair game?

Marlins have a lot of players test positive but I don’t care about baseball enough to know if the names are being released.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Iím sure the players have signed away that privacy.
    So much for HIPAA laws.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Layne out with covid

And so it begins.
    Just like that....season is toast.
    Eerily reminiscent of losing Ben last season...yet another loss we simply cannot afford to have!

Oh wait...he should be back before season start....whew, that was a close one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    So much for HIPAA laws.
    If a player reveals his test results to the organization it is not a violation. And I would think ANY player would reveal a positive result in order to protect those around them and their families.

Here's one guy's take on who the Steelers can least afford to lose for the season (besides the obvious one):

https://stillcurtain.com/2020/08/01/...ers-cant-lose/

The only one I disagree with is DeCastro. I don't think his play the last couple of years has been that stellar but the OL could miss his experience if young guys end up starting around him. It's also interesting the 'can't lose' list is decidedly defense rather than offense. But thinking about the roster beyond QB, it looks like they have options on the offensive side of the ball. I think the RB position is critical to get settled early on. The Steelers have shied away from RBBC for the most part so it will be interesting what they do with the talent there.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Just like that....season is toast.
    Eerily reminiscent of losing Ben last season...yet another loss we simply cannot afford to have!

Oh wait...he should be back before season start....whew, that was a close one.
    Camp hasn't even started and we already have a positive CV case. Ask the Marlins about how that can go. Although if you recover, should you be good to go moving forward?