Starter

User Info Menu

Layne out with covid

And so it begins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    And so it begins.
    Does "injured reserve / covid" list mean that he definitely have covid?

I think the NHL just has a "unavailable to play" designation that they give to all players who can't play.

Does this necessarily mean he tested positive, or could he have pulled a hammy and gotten the same designation?

Having an "out with covid" list seems to violate his medical privacy.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin’s COVID-19 response mantra: “One fail, all fail”

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 30, 2020

With players rolling in for testing this week in advance fo training camp, coaches are preaching personal responsibility for the collective good.

And Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is no exception.

Via Brooke Pryor of ESPN.com, Tomlin emphasized the message he’d be preaching to players throughout camp.

“You message it thoughtfully,” Tomlin said. “You use catchphrases, and you guys know I like catchphrases. What you’re talking about is conduct detrimental. That’s a term that’s used often in our business and appropriately so. Because in this COVID environment, if you’re not exercising discretion and being thoughtful about how you move, that conduct is detrimental — to your cause, and to ours collectively. . . .

“It’s one fail, all fail in this environment. We’re going to continue to package the messaging that way and be very transparent. It is that. It is conduct detrimental to their efforts and ours.”

So far, the Steelers have put two players on the reserve/COVID-19 list for either testing positive or quarantining because they had been in contact with someone who had.

Tomlin hopes that number doesn’t grow, considering all the preparations that have been taken, and what’s on the line when a large group gathers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fail-all-fail/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Does "injured reserve / covid" list mean that he definitely have covid?

I think the NHL just has a "unavailable to play" designation that they give to all players who can't play.

Does this necessarily mean he tested positive, or could he have pulled a hammy and gotten the same designation?

Having an "out with covid" list seems to violate his medical privacy.
    https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202007290121

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Thanks

Sounds like the link below is good for describing the list. Only for people who test positive, or those in close contact with those who test positive.

Seems odd to me that their employer can divulge this info to the media. Can't thwart the gambling interests I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....231406434.html
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Thanks

Sounds like the link below is good for describing the list. Only for people who test positive, or those in close contact with those who test positive.

Seems odd to me that their employer can divulge this info to the media. Can't thwart the gambling interests I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....231406434.html
    I don't know what I'm missing but revealing medical info. on someone is against the law.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know what I'm missing but revealing medical info. on someone is against the law.
    Isn’t breaking an ankle or pulling a hammy medical info?

i think the players sign away some rights when it comes to their availability to participate.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Against the law? Teams have been disclosing positive players in every other sport. This is the sports not some private company.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Isn’t breaking an ankle or pulling a hammy medical info?

i think the players sign away some rights when it comes to their availability to participate.
    Well, it's a thin line. But a CV diagnosis is different than a pulled hammy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, it's a thin line. But a CV diagnosis is different than a pulled hammy.
    I’m sure the players have signed away that privacy.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?