Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Bosa deals sets standard for JT?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Does Bosa's deal set the standard for JT?

    Five years, $135 million. $78M guaranteed at signing and $102M guaranteed total
    Last edited by Oviedo; 07-29-2020 at 10:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Damn. That's rich. I think TJ has every right to ask for top dollar, so I'd say yeah, the recent contracts given out have set the market for him in a way he must really be loving

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Is he going to be paid as an OLB or DE ?

    Just sign the mofo! He is going to be worth it!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."



  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Probably...but maybe not if the cap goes down to $175 M or whatever the floor they announced is.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Probably...but maybe not if the cap goes down to $175 M or whatever the floor they announced is.
    If revenues - and thereby the cap - plummets, he can't expect a deal that large. How can he? If this season gets postponed or cancelled, no way will revenues stay where they were. Impossible. And since the cap is determined by revenues....well...........

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I wonder if we might start seeing more contracts like Mahomes got in the sense that his guarantees he will stay above x% of the salary cap. With the uncertainty coming in the future on revenues and cap figures, that might be a way for teams to protect themselves from an albatross. Give players a percentage piece of the pie rather than a set $ number

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    If revenues - and thereby the cap - plummets, he can't expect a deal that large. How can he? If this season gets postponed or cancelled, no way will revenues stay where they were. Impossible. And since the cap is determined by revenues....well...........
    I think that elite players will still get huge money and non-elite players that come up for UFA will all end up playing on minimum deals.

    It's too bad we won't have much cap space next summer because I think there will be a ton of value in the mid-tier UFA market.

    This is why I think they should cut player salaries across the board. But, it's a democracy in the union (or its supposed to be) and there will be more guys with contracts than guys signing contracts.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Let him walk and sign a tackle that can block him, it will be less expensive and then sign a good but not great OLB, that's two for the price of one. There's only one player on the field worth 27 - 35 million per year and that's the guy handling the ball every snap.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    2.49 - Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
    3.102 - Alex Highsmith, OLB, Charlotte
    4.124 - Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland
    4.135 - Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette
    6.198 - Antoine Brooks Jr, S, Maryland
    7.232 - Carlos Davis, DL, Nebraska

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Let him walk and sign a tackle that can block him, it will be less expensive and then sign a good but not great OLB, that's two for the price of one. There's only one player on the field worth 27 - 35 million per year and that's the guy handling the ball every snap.

    Pappy
    I tend to agree. I love TJ, but don't think it would be wise to pay out that kind of money, especially with future revenues/salary cap limits in question.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    That’s a lot of money.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •