Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wendell Smallwood

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wendell Smallwood

Signed by the Steelers.....But why?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dunno, maybe to cover for possible Covid opt-out by one of our other RBs?

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably for special teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't know. But we'll find out soon.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Me thinks...Maybe someone is opting out?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Me thinks...Maybe someone is opting out?
    Or, just a camp body for insurance in general.

Legend

User Info Menu

He had his career game against us for Philly in 2016.

79 yds on 14 attempts with 1 TD. Looks pretty good when he's gotten his chances. He's quick and little and sneaks thru some holes that don't always look like they're there.

He's got some upside. Why not grab a kid from WVU with that kind of potential. Plus Duce Staley is his favorite player, so he's just following in Duce's footsteps from Philly to Pit.

Let's not forget Duce was here for XL. Maybe Wendell is the missing piece once again that gives us the juju we need.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He had his career game against us for Philly in 2016.

79 yds on 14 attempts with 1 TD. Looks pretty good when he's gotten his chances. He's quick and little and sneaks thru some holes that don't always look like they're there.

He's got some upside. Why not grab a kid from WVU with that kind of potential. Plus Duce Staley is his favorite player, so he's just following in Duce's footsteps from Philly to Pit.

Let's not forget Duce was here for XL. Maybe Wendell is the missing piece once again that gives us the juju we need.
    Don't we already have the JuJu we need?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Signed by the Steelers.....But why?
    Really, do you have to question them signing him and the reason why?

The writing was on the wall when they drafted Mcfarland.

We want to lessen Conner's snaps, (a shift to RBC?) and it is time to move on from Samuels.

Smallwood is insurance if McFarland can't learn how to blitz pick up fast enough.
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Smallwood was a decent RB at WVU, he can contribute.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION