Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Wendell Smallwood

  1. #11
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Smallwood is insurance if McFarland can't learn how to blitz pick up fast enough.[/QUOTE]


    I think I read somewhere that one of the knocks against Smallwood was his lack of ability to pick up pass rushers.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Really, do you have to question them signing him and the reason why?

    The writing was on the wall when they drafted Mcfarland.

    We want to lessen Conner's snaps, (a shift to RBC?) and it is time to move on from Samuels.

    Smallwood is insurance if McFarland can't learn how to blitz pick up fast enough.
    Why because...Conner, Snell, Watt, Samuels, McFarland, Whtye... That's a boatload of backs of differeing styles...Not sure that Smallwood is better, Or brings anything to the table that these backs don't already have
    Last edited by Disco1981; 08-06-2020 at 05:18 PM.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    A. Schein giving no love to Conner (or any Steeler RB) as the starter but thinks Roethlisberger looks fantastic:

    https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNet/sta...rts-analyst%2F

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I remember reading at one point that the Steelers tried to trade back into the 5th round of the 2016 draft to take Smallwood. This is probably nothing more than adding a player that interested them previously as a depth / special teams body for camp.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I remember reading at one point that the Steelers tried to trade back into the 5th round of the 2016 draft to take Smallwood. This is probably nothing more than adding a player that interested them previously as a depth / special teams body for camp.
    can't hurt, why not?

  6. #16
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Why because...Conner, Smell, Watt, Samuels, McFarland, Whtye... That's a boatload of backs of differeing styles...Not sure that Smallwood is better, Or brings anything to the table that these backs don't already have
    He doesn't He's just a camp body. Unless there's a rash of injuries, he won't make the final 53. Conner is the undisputed #1 until he gets hurt. Snell will be improved and be good enough to stick. Watt is the only FB and won't be going anywhere, after they paid FA $ to get him, McFarland will make the roster if he doesn't doing anything insane like take a dump on Tomlin's office floor. Samuels will be the 5th RB kept if they do keep 5. Whyte PS player.

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    He doesn't He's just a camp body. Unless there's a rash of injuries, he won't make the final 53. Conner is the undisputed #1 until he gets hurt. Snell will be improved and be good enough to stick. Watt is the only FB and won't be going anywhere, after they paid FA $ to get him, McFarland will make the roster if he doesn't doing anything insane like take a dump on Tomlin's office floor. Samuels will be the 5th RB kept if they do keep 5. Whyte PS player.
    Wouldn't be so sure with Samuels over Smallwood

  8. #18
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Wouldn't be so sure with Samuels over Smallwood
    Samuels has been in the system 2 seasons and brings some aspects the other backs on the roster don't. But I think he is still on the bubble, just a tad less than Smalls is.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Samuels has been in the system 2 seasons and brings some aspects the other backs on the roster don't....
    Inability to be effective as a runner?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •