Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Stephon Tuitt not kneeling for anthem, doesn’t care what anybody thinks

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Every Swiss home is not only encouraged to have a military style assault rifle, it is the law that each home has one. Guess where they stand on gun deaths? The bottom. Yikes, how does that add up? The founders wanted the people to have guns to stave off democide and tyranny. And we are seeing why today. Americans, stay armed.
    They have very strict gun laws. Most
    citizens can’t carry fire arms outside the home and if they do it’s unloaded and straight to the gun range and back home.

Stat from 2015 says only 11% keep their military issued guns at home.

The problem is America has an insane amount of guns. 120 per every 100 people. 50% of all guns in the world.. are in America.

Too many guns.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They have very strict gun laws. Most
    citizens can’t carry fire arms outside the home and if they do it’s unloaded and straight to the gun range and back home.

Stat from 2015 says only 11% keep their military issued guns at home.

The problem is America has an insane amount of guns. 120 per every 100 people. 50% of all guns in the world.. are in America.

Too many guns.
    The problem in America is not the number of guns it is the number of people who don't value human life and believe the ends justify the means. Driving by a party in Chicago and randomly shooting into the crowd isn't about the gun...it is about the evil people with a gun. The reality is that if you ban guns only law abiding citizens would comply. Criminals would still be the ones with the guns

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The problem in America is not the number of guns it is the number of people who don't value human life and believe the ends justify the means. Driving by a party in Chicago and randomly shooting into the crowd isn't about the gun...it is about the evil people with a gun. The reality is that if you ban guns only law abiding citizens would comply. Criminals would still be the ones with the guns
    I don’t believe in banning guns but the number of guns is a significant part of the problem.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Take guns away problem solved. It will never happen. Since mass school shootings didn't wake people up then nothing probably will in this country. So we will continue to witness gun violence of all kinds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why do people become criminals? How do you fix that. I always hear guns aren’t the problem from the gun rights activist, but don’t ever get suggested solutions.

Seems logical if I want to keep my guns that I would have the biggest incentive to stop the problems caused by guns to silence the argument on the other side.

But I never hear suggested solutions.

IMHO the majority of the problem is the wealth gap. Sometimes it’s the pursuit of money of folks that seem to have enough, but more often it’s the need for someone to pursue money but not having a viable option that pushes someone down that path. Some of the problems are people face a situation that’s too hard for them to deal with and a gun is available. I do think availability has some blame if we’re being honest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Why do people become criminals? How do you fix that. I always hear guns aren’t the problem from the gun rights activist, but don’t ever get suggested solutions.

Seems logical if I want to keep my guns that I would have the biggest incentive to stop the problems caused by guns to silence the argument on the other side.

But I never hear suggested solutions.

IMHO the majority of the problem is the wealth gap. Sometimes it’s the pursuit of money of folks that seem to have enough, but more often it’s the need for someone to pursue money but not having a viable option that pushes someone down that path. Some of the problems are people face a situation that’s too hard for them to deal with and a gun is available. I do think availability has some blame if we’re being honest.
    25% of inmates in prison have a mental illness. There's one reason for criminal activity. Another 25% have drug problems.