Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephon Tuitt not kneeling for anthem, doesn’t care what anybody thinks

Legend

User Info Menu

Freedom of Speech

I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum....Unfortunately they can't help themselves

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    imo nothing more needs to be said.
    I do not care, Sam I am. I do not care if he kneels, I do not care if he has wheels.
    I do not care if he's on a plate, I do not care if he's on a date.
    I do not care if he smokes bongs, I do not care if he bangs a gong.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I do not care, Sam I am. I do not care if he kneels, I do not care if he has wheels.
    I do not care if he's on a plate, I do not care if he's on a date.
    I do not care if he smokes bongs, I do not care if he bangs a gong.
    exactly, took the words right out of my mouth

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    And nobody bashed him for standing, but he aimed this statement at people who do kneel as if they are demanding people kneel for the anthemn. I like Tuitt but he sounds like an idiot. The protest was not about getting people to kneel for the anthemn, it's not about the anthemn or about how your family came into the country.
    And that's why the kneeling is a failure. When you have a large part of the population not understanding what you are trying to communicate you have failed in the delivery.
    Why is it people spend more time debating how the message was delivered than they do the cause itself?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    And that's why the kneeling is a failure. When you have a large part of the population not understanding what you are trying to communicate you have failed in the delivery.
    Why is it people spend more time debating how the message was delivered than they do the cause itself?
    well if you are deaf, dumb and blind then I can understand how you wouldn’t get the protest.

Anyone else surely understands why it’s being done they just choose to talk about other things because they don’t want to have that conversation or they don’t care about police brutality.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well if you are deaf, dumb and blind then I can understand how you wouldn’t get the protest.

Anyone else surely understands why it’s being done they just choose to talk about other things because they don’t want to have that conversation or they don’t care about police brutality.
    Just to keep it Steelers related I once heard coach Cowher say: “perception is reality.” In a country of over 300,000,000 people it is completely illogical to think that everyone sees BLM or kneeling or anything else in the exact same light. Has nothing to do with being dumb, deaf and blind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kneeling was a success. People want to pretend and deflect but the message has gotten through. There are people in this country who like what the police have been doing. And that’s a reality as well.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Just to keep it Steelers related I once heard coach Cowher say: “perception is reality.” In a country of over 300,000,000 people it is completely illogical to think that everyone sees BLM or kneeling or anything else in the exact same light. Has nothing to do with being dumb, deaf and blind.
    I’m saying people understand what it’s about.. they just choose to ignore it or deflect because they don’t agree with it.

When MLK and others marched for equality everyone knew why it was being done but that didn’t stop people from acting like they didn’t understand why it was being done at the time.

“The kneeling is over police brutality”

Anyone who doesn’t “get it” is intentionally being deaf, dumb or blind.

Not saying you have to agree with it but you damn well understand why it’s being done. You can at least admit that much or I think you are intentionally being stupid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Kneeling was a success. People want to pretend and deflect but the message has gotten through. There are people in this country who like what the police have been doing. And that’s a reality as well.
    True. When Goodell says “oh, now we get it”

so the first 18 or so incidents didn’t make it clear, he needed an 8 minute video of a murder in broad daylight to finally get it?

Legend

User Info Menu

You can't confuse not supporting kneeling or not supporting the BLM organization as not supporting the cause.

Some people were brought up to believe that standing silently for the anthem represents the lives given by those who fought for the freedom of the country. Especially those who lost loved ones in war. You may or may not agree, but that is almost sacred to many. To those people, they don't accept kneeling for the anthem under any circumstances. It does not mean that they do not support the fight against police brutality or racial injustice.

Some people do not like the politics of the BLM organization. They may not believe in many of their stands outside of the core issues. That does not mean that they do not support the cause.

The same way that many people say that "if you think kneeling is disrespecting the flag then you don't understand the protest" it can also be said that "you can't determine a person's view on the cause simply based on his opinion of kneeling".