Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephon Tuitt not kneeling for anthem, doesn’t care what anybody thinks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    bingo. Everyone is mad at the reaction while not even realizing the NFL took money to politicize the game by forcing the players out of the locker room.
    I hate to cast stones at a good cause but...
    How about the money the league rakes in from breast cancer awareness instead of all cancer awareness. They found a big money ticket to get more women involved and ran with it.

I don't care if people kneel, stand, go to the bathroom, or don't do anything during the anthem or any activties as long as they are not hurting anyone else. The irony in that statement is we enjoy a sport or sports where people inflict pain on one another.

Legend

User Info Menu

Should one take any job with the idea that should be constantly thanked for it?
    Constantly!? No. But it's nowhere close to being balanced between the positives and negatives. The publicity around the minority of cops with problems far and away overshadows the majority.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I hate to cast stones at a good cause but...
    How about the money the league rakes in from breast cancer awareness instead of all cancer awareness. They found a big money ticket to get more women involved and ran with it.

I don't care if people kneel, stand, go to the bathroom, or don't do anything during the anthem or any activties as long as they are not hurting anyone else. The irony in that statement is we enjoy a sport or sports where people inflict pain on one another.
    Don't even get me started on the breast cancer thing. And how ironic that those NOT kneeling are now on the hot seat? Trump was calling for anyone not standing to be kicked out of their sport. All of this is just bat crazy. I will never take cues from the govt. or mainstream on what I should do or how I should act. It's all about the agenda to divide us and make us hate each other.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Constantly!? No. But it's nowhere close to being balanced between the positives and negatives. The publicity around the minority of cops with problems far and away overshadows the majority.
    Cops receive an insane amount of support in local communities. I’m not denying they also get criticism but that’s part of the job too.

The reason things are so tense is because people are tired of seeing cops kill on camera and not get charged.

If not for this video going viral and people making noise more than likely this cop doesn’t face charges and just loses his job.

If the laws worked as intended we wouldn’t see this blowback. If more cops are charged eventually it leads to less aggressive force because cops know they can’t get away with it.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cops receive an insane amount of support in local communities. I’m not denying they also get criticism but that’s part of the job too.

The reason things are so tense is because people are tired of seeing cops kill on camera and not get charged.

If not for this video going viral and people making noise more than likely this cop doesn’t face charges and just loses his job.

If the laws worked as intended we wouldn’t see this blowback. If more cops are charged eventually it leads to less aggressive force because cops know they can’t get away with it.
    I don't believe cops receive an insane amount of support in local communities. Especially black communities. Some people in the black communities view cops as the enemy due to some individual's "wrong doings" and overall history of being treated poorly by the "establishment".

That being said, there are police officers that believe they are above the law. That type of perceived empowerment that police believe they have is an issue. The question is how do we address the issues as a nation going forward? I don't believe decreasing funding is the issue. Sending in the "storm troopers" isn't the answer. Police have an extremely difficult job generally dealing with the lowest of the lowest in our society. One answer to the issue is to improve the communities in which police need to work. Better family structure and discipline will help. I believe taking the "war on drugs" more seriously would also help.

There were other videos and instances over the years. Maybe the GF video was the "we had enough moment"? I can't say with any certainty. It was probably a combination of everything that's going on in this country today. Racist president, COVID19, job loss, racism, income inequality, poor leadership in the government ect.

At the end of the day most of this boils down to accountability. People being accountable to respect each other regardless of race, culture, ect. I am of the mindset that everyone in America has the opportunity to be successful. What people do with those opportunities is up to each individual. Looking for the easy way out isn't the answer. We need to teach our children better regardless of race, culture, community ect. Respecting adults and elders ect. Maybe we have gone past the point of no return?

One thing I've noticed over my life time is that one of America's strengths and weaknesses is that we are a multicultural and multiracial society. We need to do better as a county by accepting and respecting all regardless of race and culture. At the end of the day we all want the same things in life. We need to better in America for the sake of the human race. It's one reason why many of us are proud to be Americans.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe cops receive an insane amount of support in local communities. Especially black communities. Some people in the black communities view cops as the enemy due to some individual's "wrong doings" and overall history of being treated poorly by the "establishment".

That being said, there are police officers that believe they are above the law. That type of perceived empowerment that police believe they have is an issue. The question is how do we address the issues as a nation going forward? I don't believe decreasing funding is the issue. Sending in the "storm troopers" isn't the answer. Police have an extremely difficult job generally dealing with the lowest of the lowest in our society. One answer to the issue is to improve the communities in which police need to work. Better family structure and discipline will help. I believe taking the "war on drugs" more seriously would also help.

There were other videos and instances over the years. Maybe the GF video was the "we had enough moment"? I can't say with any certainty. It was probably a combination of everything that's going on in this country today. Racist president, COVID19, job loss, racism, income inequality, poor leadership in the government ect.

At the end of the day most of this boils down to accountability. People being accountable to respect each other regardless of race, culture, ect. I am of the mindset that everyone in America has the opportunity to be successful. What people do with those opportunities is up to each individual. Looking for the easy way out isn't the answer. We need to teach our children better regardless of race, culture, community ect. Respecting adults and elders ect. Maybe we have gone past the point of no return?

One thing I've noticed over my life time is that one of America's strengths and weaknesses is that we are a multicultural and multiracial society. We need to do better as a county by accepting and respecting all regardless of race and culture. At the end of the day we all want the same things in life. We need to better in America for the sake of the human race. It's one reason why many of us are proud to be Americans.
    Black people are 13% of the population. I think most communities show a healthy amount of support overall. Do they receive criticism and hate in some Black communities? Definitely. However, I think if the police went back to more community based policing and outreach they would have more support in those communities. Pittsburgh used to require police live in city limits. When you live amongst the people you police you tend to have more compassion and understanding.

Starter

User Info Menu

Was this thread really even needed?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    stop your whining, you sound like Cam Heyward.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

haha.. it’s not like the sports world stops for Tuitt

Legend

User Info Menu

it was vital. Paramount.