Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 127

Thread: Stephon Tuitt not kneeling for anthem, doesn’t care what anybody thinks

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Stephon Tuitt not kneeling for anthem, doesn’t care what anybody thinks

    Stephon Tuitt not kneeling for anthem, doesn’t care what anybody thinks

    Posted by Charean Williams on July 27, 2020

    Several NFL players and one coach have committed to kneeling during the national anthem this season. Many others likely will.

    But Steelers defensive lineman Stephon Tuitt won’t be among them.

    Tuitt said Monday that he will not kneel during the national anthem.

    “Also I’m not kneeling for the flag and screw anybody who have a problem with that,” Tuitt wrote on Twitter. “My grandmother was a immigrant from the Carribean and . . . worked her ass off to bring 20 people over the right way. She had no money and educated herself to be a nurse. She living good now.”

    Steelers players who choose to kneel for the national anthem will have the support of Mike Tomlin and the organization, the coach said last month.

    “Our position is simple: We’re going to support our players and their willingness to participate in this, whether it’s statements or actions,” Tomlin said.

    In six games last year, Tuitt finished with 22 tackles and 3.5 sacks. He missed the final 10 games of the season after tearing his pectoral.

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nybody-thinks/

  2. #2
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I....just....don't....care...either way. Stand, kneel, sit, do calisthenics, smoke a bowl, knit, whatevs.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Not sure what his grandmother has to do with kneeling but no one is saying you have to kneel or you are cancelled.

    I do find that a lot of immigrants who came here “the right way” tend to be more conservative. America has been “good” to them.

    I think he needs to worry about staying healthy.

    Not trying to be that guy but you know me. What Tuitt is saying is “I’m not Black, I’m Caribbean”

    I remember when we lived in Philly and my wife was in grad school at Temple. A professor used the N word in a quote. It was extremely offensive to all the Black people in the class. However, one Black woman said.. “I wasn’t offended because I’m from Trinidad”

    long story short.. Tuitt just pulled a Brees and made the kneeling about something totally different and personal to deflect from the actual reason some people are kneeling.

    Was he even asked or did he just voluntarily post this to score some points? I’m sure a few fans who swore they were done with the NFL will now watch because Tuitt is their new favorite player.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 07-28-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?


  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure what his grandmother has to do with kneeling but no one is saying you have to kneel or you are cancelled.

    I do find that a lot of immigrants who came here “the right way” tend to be more conservative. America has been “good” to them.

    I think he needs to worry about staying healthy.

    Not trying to be that guy but you know me. What Tuitt is saying is “I’m not Black, I’m Caribbean”

    I remember when we lived in Philly and my wife was in grad school at Temple. A professor used the N word in a quote. It was extremely offensive to all the Black people in the class. However, one Black woman said.. “I wasn’t offended because I’m from Trinidad”

    long story short.. Tuitt just pulled a Brees and made the kneeling about something totally different and personal to deflect from the actual reason some people are kneeling.

    Was he even asked or did he just voluntarily post this to score some points? I’m sure a few fans who swore they were done with the NFL will now watch because Tuitt is their new favorite player.
    True...I'm not surprised. Let one of his family members get pulled over and harassed by the police. He'll gain a new perspective then.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  5. #5
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure what his grandmother has to do with kneeling but no one is saying you have to kneel or you are cancelled.

    I do find that a lot of immigrants who came here “the right way” tend to be more conservative. America has been “good” to them.

    I think he needs to worry about staying healthy.

    Not trying to be that guy but you know me. What Tuitt is saying is “I’m not Black, I’m Caribbean”

    I remember when we lived in Philly and my wife was in grad school at Temple. A professor used the N word in a quote. It was extremely offensive to all the Black people in the class. However, one Black woman said.. “I wasn’t offended because I’m from Trinidad”

    long story short.. Tuitt just pulled a Brees and made the kneeling about something totally different and personal to deflect from the actual reason some people are kneeling.

    Was he even asked or did he just voluntarily post this to score some points? I’m sure a few fans who swore they were done with the NFL will now watch because Tuitt is their new favorite player.
    Yea, I agree. Same as Brees: They both don't even understand what the kneeling is about. They think it's a stab at the entire country including the troops who have died for the country, it has nothing to do with that. It never has.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    True...I'm not surprised. Let one of his family members get pulled over and harassed by the police. He'll gain a new perspective then.
    Well, sometimes they will still defend authorities until something extreme happens to them or one of their loved ones.

    I used to be in a band in college. Some of the members were white. We were in WV at 2AM at a gas station and a customer/friend of the store accused one of us of stealing cigarettes and then drove off. Cop comes and forced us to pay a fine or spend the weekend in jail. Of course we paid the fine because we had a gig in ATL.

    White band members were in shock. They got a taste of our world and it was bitter as hell.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?


  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Yea, I agree. Same as Brees: They both don't even understand what the kneeling is about. They think it's a stab at the entire country including the troops who have died for the country, it has nothing to do with that. It never has.
    What Tuitt fails to realize is Black Americans have grandparents and great grandparents too...
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?


  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Let me get this straight -- you guys are telling me that because Tuitt doesn't want to kneel, he's saying he's not black and revealing that he doesn't understand what the kneeling is about ... and if only he could experience some discrimination first-hand he'd have to change his tune? He's not allowed to simply choose to have a different opinion about whether he should kneel? Near as I could tell, he hasn't bashed those who choose to kneel, never said he thought it was a stab at the country, just said that there was no way he was going to be doing it.
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-28-2020 at 01:41 PM.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Good for him! Somebody with some sense!

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    But sadly Tuitt will get hammered for his stance...Only the ones who kneel are allowed to have an opinion and are praised... Those who are against kneeling Brees ( had to apologize TWICE ) Ditka, Tuiit...Get chastised...The World we live in now!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •